Author Topic: Who Repairs Lens "Separation"?  (Read 964 times)

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
  • I'm here to learn from the best
    • The F/2 Guru
Who Repairs Lens "Separation"?
« on: April 17, 2023, 19:56:12 »
I've got an otherwise minty Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5 SL lens in AIS mount that has terminal lens separation.

I've taken it apart and identified the specific group with the problem. Until this separation is repaired, this lens is unusable.

In the past, I've tried a couple of times myself to re-cement an optical group using UV curing glue - the results were not pretty.

Can anyone recommend a repair service (preferrably in USA/Canada) that is competent and experienced in repairing a lens group with separation issues?

Thanks

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
Re: Who Repairs Lens "Separation"?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 23:04:55 »
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 12:03:42 »
Not surprizing: Ba De Lu in Taipei used to be "geek street" with one of the highest computer shop densities in the world...
Airy Magnien

kirillr

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 15:59:36 »
Also there is lens master Alexander (http://nesovet.livejournal.com or https://www.youtube.com/@lensservis )  in Saint Petersburg, Russia, who has reach expirience in lens elements separating and cementing back.
The problem is that it's hard enough to send lens for repair to him outside of Russia/Belarus/Kazakhstan. He repaired a lot of separated Canons  28-70 2.8 and some Leitz lenses too and others

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 16:22:54 »

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 16:23:57 »
Also there is lens master Alexander (http://nesovet.livejournal.com or https://www.youtube.com/@lensservis )  in Saint Petersburg, Russia, who has reach expirience in lens elements separating and cementing back.
The problem is that it's hard enough to send lens for repair to him outside of Russia/Belarus/Kazakhstan. He repaired a lot of separated Canons  28-70 2.8 and some Leitz lenses too and others

Shipments to and from that part of the world from the USA are not reliable these days.

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 16:51:57 »
Great news! I just heard back from LIN WEA LUN in Taiwan. He will repair my lens separation. Here's what he said -

老鏡回春記ProLensCLA <lin0975165383@gmail.com>

You
Hello Sir,
Yes, I can fix the elements separation by taking apart the two elements and re-cementing them together precisely.
The price of fixing the problem is US$150. I accept PayPal payment.

I’m going to have a personal vacation whole the May, and will come back to work on 1st June.
If needed, please send me the lens at early June.

Here is my shipping information~
Address: 11F-5., No. 27, Songjiang RD., Taipei City, Taiwan
Postal Code: 10455
Receiver: LIN WEA LUN
Phone#: +886975165383

Please send your lens by registered/trackable parcel (EMS by post office, UPS, FedEx, DHL or other reliable is preferred) and declare the value of the parcel at US$ 50 to avoid unnecessary import tax.
Once I receive the lenses, I will discuss with you.

Please let me know if there is any question.

Many thanks,
Lin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[老鏡回春記 ProLensCLA]
專業鏡頭維修保養
Professional Lens Repair & Maintenance /CLA

林緯倫 0975165383
Wea Lun Lin +886 975165383

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 20:03:59 »
I think you will find that he does a total CLA on the lens, and not just fix the separation.

Slow communication was something I experienced too, but once he got down to it he was really fast.
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023, 23:21:08 »
I think you will find that he does a total CLA on the lens, and not just fix the separation.

Slow communication was something I experienced too, but once he got down to it he was really fast.
i

Thanks so much for the referal Richard!

I've been checking all over, and there appear to currently be only 3 people in the world who currently repair lens separation.  They are Lin in Taiwan,  a fellow in Belgum, and another fellow in St Petersburg Russia.