Author Topic: Nikkor HC 1:2 5cm LTM help needed  (Read 1829 times)

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
Nikkor HC 1:2 5cm LTM help needed
« on: June 23, 2023, 15:15:19 »
I bought a very clean and nice looking M39  Nikkor-HC 1:2 f =5cm Nippon Kogaku , no 719349. Just got it, but am a bit disappointed, as the seller didn´t mention that there is a resistance in the focus thread at ca. 3.2 feet.
Most probably it was regreased and not properly assembled. Any ideas from the vintage lens champions what to check or what to ignore?  F.e. my CV Snapshot Skopar has 3 similiar resintances, but here I know it is for finding the distance without looking to the meter scale. Is maybe this exisiting at 1m on the Nikkor? Non of my other Nikon LTM´s however has it, so I am wondering.
Thomas Stellwag

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Nikkor HC 1:2 5cm LTM help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 18:05:29 »
This LTM version allows to focus to 1.5 feet, but the rangefinder of the camera can only measure up to about 3.x feet (1m).  So, the click should be there to tell the user the closest limit that the rangefinder can function.

See the third paragraph from the bottom:

https://imaging.nikon.com/imaging/information/story/0034/

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 19:28:34 »
Akira, you saved my weekend - thanks a lot.
The other guy is a bit disapointed about your support. He wanted, that I send it back. He got a Leica III today and wouldn´t have sold the lens (for this price), if he knew that before.
It is a like new lens, which I add to my Nikon LTM´s  3.5/28, 1.4/50, 2.0/85 and 2.5/105.
Thomas Stellwag

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 19:57:10 »
Thomas, I'm glad to be of some help, at least for you.   :D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira