Gear Talk > Lens Talk

105mm f/2.8 AI-S D850 vs 105mm f/2.8 MC Z9

(1/4) > >>

John Geerts:
A small comparison between two Macro lenses,   the 105mm f/2.8  on the Nikon D850   and the 105mm f/2.8 MC lens on the Nikon  Z9  (non-scientific,  just in the field switching camera's ;) )

First is with D850  second with the Z9

Adobe standard profile  white balance 4500  - tint +25   The MC lens is at f/3   the AIS at f/2.8

Second White balance 4600  tint 0

Fons Baerken:
Not much difference minor differences on colour, contrast and bokeh.

Roland Vink:
There is very little to separate them, at least at the size I am viewing these pictures. I couldn't state a preference for either one, which says a lot about how good the old-timer is compared to the new 105MC. It might be different if we are looking at pixel level, I imagine the new lens would have better micro contrast, control of CA, and probably does better shooting into strong light.

John Geerts:
Thanks for the observations. I was mainly interested here in how the bokeh would compare and possible 'differences'  between the D850 and Z9.

Pretty close indeed, perhaps the 105MC is a bit smoothier. The MC can get closer and has autofocus possibilities.

I forgot the sunhood of the AIS so didn't shoot into the sun for comparison means.

Erik Lund:
Very similar rendition, almost impossible to tell them apart. Thx for sharing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version