Author Topic: A mini story about a mini-wide...  (Read 1386 times)

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: A mini story about a mini-wide...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 05:10:11 »
Do you have the opportunity to compare these two 28mm f/2.8 lenses on a camera with a larger sized FX/24x36mm (aka "Full Frame") sensor?

To some extent the small DX/APS-C sized sensors tend to be a great "leveller" in the sense that they only show us the the central area of an FX/24x36mm sensor (~the middle 50% of "full frame"), and the edge performance of the format that they were designed for is excluded when used with the smaller sensor.

Hi Hugh,

I do not have adapter for Minolta MD on my Z5 but will check the other lenses on FF sensor for sure. I'll repeat the test on APS-C with proper exposure tomorrow to make sure the test if fair.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 23:23:48 »
OK, I have repeated the test with proper exposure and Nikkor does not look that terrible anymore, it just looks bad :)

I think the main issue with Nikkor is the high level of CA. Sharpness and contrast look OK. Sigma has CA barely noticeable wide open. At 5.6 it is gone completely for that lens. Nikkor has CA almost unnoticeable at 5.6 and color and contrast look better than the ones from Sigma.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2022, 22:24:55 »
At the end, I got a chance to take the Mini Wide for a ride for some real world pictures :)