Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

Nikon NX Studio and the MacBook Pro M1...

(1/3) > >>

David H. Hartman:
I'm trying to get on with Nikon NX Studio v1.2.1 (64bit) running on a 16.2" MacBook Pro M1 (Apple Silicon) late 2021, macOS Monterey with Rosetta 2 installed. The MBP is configured with 32GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD. If NX Studio v1.2.1 was compatible with this computer and Monterey with Rosetta 2 install all should be well. It's not. It seems to me that MAC computers have been out long enough that a major camera manufacture should supporting MAC(s) with the M1 CPU(s).

I'm wondering if anyone has advice as to how to get NX Studio v1.2.1 to get on with a MBP M1 running macOS Monterey?

Dave

JJChan:
Dave
I have 14” Pro 16Gb 1TB M1 - no issue with NX Studio - runs as fast as old 2013 15”
Installed and added Rosetta automatically on initial install.

Only issue is old Pegasus thunderbolt drive is not recognised any more so have no access to previous storage.
Using newer thunderbolt SSD without problem now.

David H. Hartman:
Thank you for your reply. I've uninstalled NX Studio and restarted macOS. Then I use the Terminal command softwareupdate --install-rosetta to make double sure that Rosetta 2 is installed and hopefully not corrupted. I check System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Files and Folders to make sure NX Studio had access to the files and folders it needs access to. NX Studio is running again.

I'm try to find out how to purge all Nikon software from my system as I tried to install Nikon Capture NX-D and found that it crashed repeatedly. I wonder if installing Capture NX-D has caused a problem.

Last night I left my MBP M1 attempting to start NX Studio. The Spinning Ball of Death spun all night and NX Studio never started.

Anyway it's running now but starts slowly then seems to work OK.

Dave

David H. Hartman:
I found a web page that gave instructions on removing Nikon Transfer 2 completely. On that page there was a list of likely places Nikon related files, caches and preference might be. Here is the list...

/Library
    /Library/Caches
    /Library/Preferences
    /Library/Application Support
    /Library/LaunchAgents
    /Library/LaunchDaemons
    /Library/PreferencePanes
    /Library/StartupItems

I went through the list under my home folder, a second admin's home folder and from the Macintosh HD Library folder. I think I got most everything. I suspect my problems started when I installed Nikon Capture NX-D. Had it crash repeatedly and then uninstalled it. Perhaps some junk was left behind. As mention I reinstalled Rosetta 2 from Terminal using the command Softwareupdate --install-rosetta.

Finally I installed Nikon Transfer 2, Nikon Picture Control Utility 2 and then Nikon NX Studio. Now NX Studio bounces once or twice and starts. I hope it stays this way.

Dave

janvaran:
There exists several “uninstaller apps” for macOS. These will search for references to settings and libraries to delete along with the app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version