Gear Talk > Other

An unwanted enlarger

(1/2) > >>

Ian Watson:
The time has come to clear some space in my garage. Most of my old darkroom gear can go. However, I feel a pang of regret at the thought of disposing of my enlarger. It is a Leitz Focomat Ic. It seems a shame to dispose of such a lovely example of mechanical engineering. Yet what else can I do with it? Who would both want it and be willing to arrange to obtain it? I will keep the lens, of course.

Suggestions or moral support would both be welcome.

Erik Lund:
Keep the lens and let go - Without the lens it's more or less useless anyway,,,

Bent Hjarbo:
At least in Denmark it is possible to sell such this even at a reasonable price.
I have sold 2 Durst enlargers recently, off course with an enlarger lens ;) (Rodenstock)

Lars Hansen:
Could it be adapted to become a copy/repro stand - I guess you have considered that if you need one :) 

Dogman:
My attic contains an Omega, a Fujimoto and a Leitz Valoy right now.  I finally found someone a couple of years ago who would take the LPL, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses and the other darkroom gear.  For free, of course.

It's hard to part with the Valoy.  I bought it at a garage sale in pieces--lens, negative carrier, enlarger, copy arm, base...all scattered around the room.  In total, I think I spent $7.50 for all the parts.  Went right home, plugged it in and sparks flew as breakers were thrown in the house.  I had to rewire it, not a hard job.  Bought a piece of anti-Newton ring glass and rigged it up in the negative carrier.  A simple piece of gear but totally reliable and perfect for 35mm negatives.  Got many years service out of it. 

Ain't it a bitch when you finally manage to accrue the material and gear to put together a really nice darkroom and the whole thing becomes useless.  I barely had time to get the LPL (my newest enlarger) aligned perfectly before I went to digital. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version