Author Topic: For our testers  (Read 401 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
For our testers
« on: October 30, 2023, 19:04:44 »
Do check that all functions you normally would use, actually work. Send PMs to me to touch base and report anything you find.

Please note I had to disable the Gallery function for now. It worked initially but something happened -- as it usually does -- to throw a spanner in the works and the forum crashed badly. I became tired and frustrated of tracking down the error(s) in all the underlying PHP modules so ended up with a clean install, thereafter moved the DB and basic themes into the new forum.

I'll investigate later whether I can get the gallery back. All the files are there, by the way. We might have to purchase a new license though.

/Birna

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
Re: For our testers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 21:03:23 »
In case it isn't noticed, the News header is wrongly positioned -- will browse through the code later to find out why.

Fixed for the Revival Theme.

Revival Theme is now set to the default.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 20:50:55 »
Gallery is back !!!

Do note that some of the user galleries belong to NG members who haven't renewed their NG Supporter status. I think it is unfair to delete these galleries outright, but will grant a grace period of up to 1 - one - year. If the member status then isn't upgraded, the gallery will have to go.

MFloyd

• NG Member
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 23:44:06 »
Fair decision.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 00:18:52 »

Perhaps check that no images in those galleries are linked and displayed in forum threads before deleting?
Øivind Tøien