Author Topic: [Theme] The Organ Thread  (Read 103159 times)

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
Re: [Theme] The Organ Thread
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2024, 22:52:23 »

From Google:
"The main organ in Oslo Cathedral was built by Norwegian organ builders Ryde & Berg in 1998. The organ façade is the original one from the Baroque organ of 1727 built by the Danish organ builder Lambert Daniel Kastens, who studied and worked with the famous North German organ builder Arp Schnitger."

I was fortunate to have a day to spend in Oslo after our wonderful safari around Norway in 2010 because my flight home had been changed due to badly behaving volcanoes in Iceland.
I took these shots of the fairly new organ in Oslo's Cathedral that day.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #481 on: February 19, 2024, 03:20:40 »
From Google:
"The main organ in Oslo Cathedral was built by Norwegian organ builders Ryde & Berg in 1998. The organ façade is the original one from the Baroque organ of 1727 built by the Danish organ builder Lambert Daniel Kastens, who studied and worked with the famous North German organ builder Arp Schnitger."

I was fortunate to have a day to spend in Oslo after our wonderful safari around Norway in 2010 because my flight home had been changed due to badly behaving volcanoes in Iceland.
I took these shots of the fairly new organ in Oslo's Cathedral that day.

This is a literally gorgeous organ!  The blue reflection on the pipes makes the entire organ even more gorgeous!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2024, 04:26:27 »
This is Oslo’s third cathedral. It was originally built during the 17th century but was heavily "Gothicised" during the 19th century.
Further work during the late 20th century saw the removal of the 19th century work and the restoration of 17th century gilded carvings, the painting of the ceiling and the installation of the new organ.
The cathedral is now very bright and airy.

There is a second (but smaller) organ halfway down the central Nave.

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2024, 20:20:25 »
The organ is good, but the setting is amazing.
I'm not religious, but reckon visiting here would give many people a religious experience!

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2024, 21:34:32 »
I am glad that you both enjoyed these photographs of that very beautiful organ in a most impressive space.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2024, 01:48:26 »
Ann , very beautiful organ

Nice to see you are posting again
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #486 on: April 08, 2024, 23:39:53 »
Choir organ Grote Sint-Laurenskerk, Alkmaar/Netherlands

The Grote Sint-Laurenskerk has two world-famous organs: the Van Covelens organ (also called the Choir organ) and the Van Hagerbeer/Schnitger or Large organ.

The Choir Organ dates from 1511 and is placed against the north wall of the church. The last restoration of this oldest playable organ in the Netherlands was completed in the year 2000. In 1636, ideas arose for the construction of a large organ in the church. Various organ builders worked on it, but in 1645 Jacobus Caltus van Hagerbeer completed the Great Organ. Jacob van Campen designed the organ case and Caesar van Everdingen was commissioned in 1643 to paint the doors of the organ case with 'the triumph of the Coninck Saul'. This painting is one of his first major works. Above the organ, the painter Romeyn de Hooghe painted the baroque-style 'The Virtue, which crushes the Vice'. From 1723 to 1725, the Great Organ was restored and expanded by Frans Caspar Schnitger. Subsequently, various restorations have been made to this organ over time.

Image shot with a Ricoh GRIII

GRIII_R0000305 by Luc de Schepper, on Flickr