Author Topic: Df and Time  (Read 921 times)

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Df and Time
« on: July 22, 2022, 03:51:15 »
I clearly remember the day I brought my new Df body home, and marvelled at its lack of weight, thinking, wow, but this will be a welcome addition. The years passed, increasingly, fast, as my life went on, and I finally bought in to lighter weight, one camera, one lens, finally a 255-85 zoom, for a European rivers tour. Camera and lens were all I could wish for, in both weight and results.

Today I dragged out the little Domke bag that is  home to the Df and its little zoom lens and the 50mm f1.4 and thought two things: first, thanks be I won't need to haul that standard lens out to the garden, and second, Jeez, the old Df is getting heavy! It never occurred to me to pick up my new little darling ,my Zfc, which was bought with the excuse that it was a lightweight replacement for the heavy Df! How things change.  I'll be back into my wife's Coolpix AW110 before I know it. Come to think about it, I found myself charging the Coolpix batteries for no conscious reason a week ago.

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
  • I'm here to learn from the best
    • The F/2 Guru
Re: Df and Time
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 18:56:30 »
Weight is not a big deal to me.

Personally, I'd rather have the full frame sensor in he Df to the APS-C sensor in the Zfc.

If you would like to sell your Df to fund another Zfc please let me know as I might have an interest in buying your Df.

Dave in Wisconsin USA

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Df and Time
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 16:52:32 »
     "It never occurred to me to pick up my new little darling ,my Zfc, which was bought with the excuse that it was a lightweight replacement for the heavy Df."

There is the crux of it, Bruce.  Excuses.   In all honesty, it is a case of simply wanting another camera, and being  able to buy and making excuses to spend the money when no excuses are necessary. I will be eighty-three in two months, that is REASON enough to spend the money! And no thanks, Bruce, I do not, will not sell the Df until a Df 11 appears, and in a  body form identical to the little Z fc -optical  viewfinder/mirror and full frame of course, and I'd be willing to make a small wager that there would be darn few Df owners presently who wouldn't be in line ahead of me to do so!