Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon Df vs Newer Nikon Mirrorless Bodies

(1/4) > >>

BruceSD:
A few years ago I owned a Df body.  I had it only a short period of time before selling it.     

Lately I've been mostly shooting my Z6 body. 

While the images I'm making with the Z6 are very nice, I kind of wish that I'd kept my Df so I could directly compare the image quality between the two bodies.

Do any of you own both the Df and one of the modern full frame mirrorless offerings from Nikon?  How doe the image quality of color files compare?   How do the black and white files compare?

From my very limited personal experience and research, I think I might slightly prefer the IQ of the Df over the Z6.  Which do you prefer and why?

Birna Rørslett:
A good and relevant question, Bruce.

The answer probably depends on the manner in which you shoot and how you process your captures later. I regard the Zx cameras as picture machines and the Df as an imaging tool.

Kenneth Rich:
Picture machine. . . . . . imaging tool. I like that, Birna, thank you. The little Darling and the Da Vinci, in my case.

Jack Dahlgren:
I’ve used Df, Z6 and Z9. They are all good. It took me longer to get good images with the Z6, but once I figured it out I did not really pick up the df again.

BruceSD:
Thanks to all for taking the time to respond!

I'm not yet fully comfortable with my Z6.  Maybe in time, I'll be like Jack and fine tune it's capture setting and post processing protocol and realize images that I love.  I guess that it just takes time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version