Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon Z30 announced

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kenneth Rich:
This may or may not prove to  be universally welcome news; what would be universally welcome news is for Nikon to introduce a DF sensor/screen sized version of their darling Z fc.

Birna Rørslett:
Nikon has released a number of DX/Z lenses, all of them of a mundane and bland character. The 18-140 was versatile in the F era so probably will continue to be the same for the Z DX models, but hardly anything to enthuse over. The same can be said for the 16-50, 24-50, and 55-200 Z Nikkors. All have modest specifications and are squarely aimed at the amateur segment. The 28/2.8 "SE" Nikkor tries hard to look like it's harking back to the old days of manual Nikkors, but in vain. Any make-believe dream is shattered by its plastic mount, and lack of an aperture ring.

Third-party offerings by Cosina/Voigtländer and Viltrox, amongst others, are more exciting and we now have a wide range of fast to very fast DX/Z options, mainly for the very wide to near 'normal' range. I have the 13mm f/1.4 Viltrox on "early bird" order and expect it to arrive later this summer, to complement the 23mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.4 siblings. The Viltrox optics are AF, whilst the Voigtländer 35mm f/1.32 Nokton is manual only.  All of these interface properly with the Z cameras and the camera, probably grudgingly, accepts these on the same footing as native Nikkors.

Luc:
The Z30 is not my cup of tea but if Nikon sells a lot of them it will fund other more exciting releases. So let's hope it's a succes!

Hugh_3170:
+1 -  Definitely!

--- Quote from: Luc on June 29, 2022, 23:40:30 ---The Z30 is not my cup of tea but if Nikon sells a lot of them it will fund other more exciting releases. So let's hope it's a succes!

--- End quote ---

Kenneth Rich:
The more I think about this new Nikon product, the more I think that it is a video camera in disguise, rather than a mirrorless camera with video capabilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version