Gear Talk > Other

Looking for bag suggestions

<< < (2/3) > >>

ianwatson:
I like Think Tank.

Dogman:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on June 06, 2022, 21:04:57 ---A Domke bag.

Replace it when it is worn threadbare and items start to fall through :) (No, not a joke, practical experiences). That might take 30+ years, depending on how it is used.

--- End quote ---

This is good advice.  The Domkes are prone to abrasion wear where they rub against your body.  Not weather resistant either.  Those are the only things I disliked about them.

Steven Paulsen:
I use a Domke F2 bag with a Caden insert for carrying a small kit. The insert allows laying the camera with lens, lcd, up with 1-2 lenses on each side.

It may help if you tell us how you carry and shoot. For instance, I generally use a backpack on the passenger seat of my car for quick access.
Many of the new bags being sold today do not work well with older school, heavy lenses and camera bodies. (I won't admit how many bags, or parts their of renting my closet space.)

Birna Rørslett:

--- Quote from: Dogman on June 08, 2022, 16:20:23 ---This is good advice.  The Domkes are prone to abrasion wear where they rub against your body.  Not weather resistant either.  Those are the only things I disliked about them.

--- End quote ---

The thick fabric weave can hold off quite a lot of rain, but admittedly it is not water tight -- what bags are? Not talking about Peli cases.

A Domke bag has done me double service as a sleeping pillow or knee protector on many occasions.

Greg L:
Another vote for Billingham bags. I’ve had a Billingham “Hadley Pro” for 10 years and it still looks brand new.  I’ve put way too much equipment in it and it handles it in stride. Compact, rugged and beautiful travel bag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version