Gear Talk > Other

How are your eyes shaping up?

<< < (3/3)

Snoogly:
I feel like I kicked a hornet’s nest!  :-\

I’m sorry that so many of you have more severe issues than me. My current woes seem to be directly related to the changes in my lifestyle / working style over the last couple of years.

My distance and close vision fluctuates wildly. This time (according to the optician) I need a stronger prescription for the close up sector of my lenses, and the same prescription for distance vision. Varifocal lenses are very convenient, but can be tricky to balance.
——————

As an aside, the rest of my body is also reacting to a return to normality. In the last month I have lost 3 Kg, but my arthritic knees are complaining about all the activity.

MFloyd:
Photography, old (wo)men occupation  ::)…

Matthew Currie:
My eye doctor also suggested lutein (a main ingredient of Ocuvite),  whose benefit is mainly in macular degeneration. 

Frank Fremerey:

After 1 Million shots my right eye was done. For a while now I take my photos with the left eye. The right eye has 70% visual strength, my left eye has 120% ... So I am looking forward to another Million shots ;-)

Airy:
No major issues so far (I'm 65)
I use my right eye for photography, and it always was my weakest (mild short-sightedness + astigmatism)

Df + DK17M keep me able to focus on the matte screen, which has been my favourite modus operandi since the eighties, while not wearing glasses.

Last year, I got *special glasses adjusted for mid-distance* (reading at arms length), which are quite a relief for my daily work on multiple screens. Not surprizingly, a side-effect to the rested eye was easier focussing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version