Author Topic: April 2022 - change of rules  (Read 19312 times)

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
Re: April 2022 - change of rules
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2022, 19:33:36 »
I took the chance to shoot  the sun without a filter looking for sun spots  but I got a passing golf instead ;)

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2022, 19:39:32 »
The Vltrox lenses are really good. Not perfect, but great value for their rather modest selling price. The added bonus is they are small and neat, a description one would never use for the equivalent Z Nikkors :( The beefy Z9 and the small lens makes for excellent handling of the combo. My suspicion is that the AF speed of the Viltrox is enhanced on the Z9, compared to the Z fc for which I purchased them in the first place.

Viltrox just released a 13mm f/1.4 AF for the Fuji system and I'm eagerly awaiting its likely future launch as a Z lens.

Of course having a DX lens on the FX Z9 shrinks the file size substantially, but there are still plenty of pixels left.
19 mp is not bad at all shaves space on disk also
I was ready to get it for my z50 but in the mean time I found 40/2 z for my z6 but I’m stuck with teles now and dint explore it

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2022, 20:04:04 »
The viltrox 23/1.4 is superb on the Z fc and likely will be similar on the Z50.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2022, 20:15:55 »
I took the chance to shoot  the sun without a filter looking for sun spots  but I got a passing golf instead ;)

Well spotted!  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.   :D )
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2022, 20:33:34 »

Am I right in thinking you managed to get both  gull and sunspot?

I have a memory of being up early enough on holiday in Sithonia to be able to safely view the rising sun with binoculars and seeing sunspots for the first time.

Dogman

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2022, 21:23:49 »
Just a chair. 

I love big fat pixels and older lenses.  D700, 35/2D lens.

"If it's more than a hundred feet from the car, it's not photogenic."--Edward Weston

My Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/197057338@N03/

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2022, 22:04:22 »
Thank you Akira and Colin :)
I was inspired by Oivids sun shot and give it a try but there is a lot of atmospheric distortion during sunrise or sunset

Yes Colin you are right, I managed ;)

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2022, 00:02:43 »
The Vltrox lenses are really good. Not perfect, but great value for their rather modest selling price. The added bonus is they are small and neat, a description one would never use for the equivalent Z Nikkors :( The beefy Z9 and the small lens makes for excellent handling of the combo. My suspicion is that the AF speed of the Viltrox is enhanced on the Z9, compared to the Z fc for which I purchased them in the first place.

Viltrox just released a 13mm f/1.4 AF for the Fuji system and I'm eagerly awaiting its likely future launch as a Z lens.

Of course having a DX lens on the FX Z9 shrinks the file size substantially, but there are still plenty of pixels left.

Have you tried the full frame lenses - in particular the 85mm?

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2022, 00:13:43 »
Greenfly feasting on the tiny shoots on my kaffir lime tree.
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

ianwatson

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2022, 04:10:33 »
My children were lying on their backs to watch clouds until they noticed me with my camera.

Nikon Z6, 105mm f/2.5

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2022, 06:46:56 »
My children were lying on their backs to watch clouds until they noticed me with my camera.

Nikon Z6, 105mm f/2.5

Some cynical and jaded expressions?  ;)

This is perhaps a long diversion off-topic, but here in Japan it seems to be the custom to share kids’ graduation and welcome ceremony photos on Facebook, no matter how young they are. Two photos cropped up on my feed today, which are perhaps the best examples of kids getting pissed-off by being photographed I have ever seen. There was only the briefest moments between the two photos, but it’s plain to see that a lot happened between them!
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2022, 07:08:11 »
Thank you Akira and Colin :)
I was inspired by Oivids sun shot and give it a try but there is a lot of atmospheric distortion during sunrise or sunset

Yes Colin you are right, I managed ;)

That is a nice capture, Naos, lucky gull. If your capture was on April 2, then the spot could perhaps be sunspot 2978 (but a little low though) and not another bird in the background. See my second capture from April 3 where it would have moved a little further to the lower right than the day before: https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=1867.msg181997#msg181997.
Øivind Tøien

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2022, 12:07:58 »
April 8

Euphorbia

Z fc, 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2022, 12:23:32 »
Some cynical and jaded expressions?  ;)

This is perhaps a long diversion off-topic, but here in Japan it seems to be the custom to share kids’ graduation and welcome ceremony photos on Facebook, no matter how young they are. Two photos cropped up on my feed today, which are perhaps the best examples of kids getting pissed-off by being photographed I have ever seen. There was only the briefest moments between the two photos, but it’s plain to see that a lot happened between them!

Congratulations, Richard!  Nice family pictures.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2022, 20:23:59 »
Wheels...

Z9 105/1.4E  (Autofocus with the Z9 pretty fast with the 105/1.4 compared with other Nikon Camera's)