Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

Processing for the colour blind

(1/1)

Snoogly:
I have always been cursed by being colour blind. It made it very hard to start a career as a graphic designer back in the 80s, but I made do in my endeavors since then (after retiring from being graphic design soon after I graduated).

But now I back into photography, and am finding the colour aspect of processing to be a combination of a nightmare and a crap shoot.

I’d love to learn about how other people here have either overcome, or found a way to live with, this handicap while processing their images.

Ethan:
your frustration is very understandable and I am sorry to hear that.
Visual Impairment is a sensitive subject more so for creative people.
We are blessed to be able to enjoy the beauty of the world around us.
I do my small share in supporting The Royal Society for the Blind and other similar Blind charities.

You can too. Whether helping visually impaired people or even teaching them Braille (after you learn it) You can offer your services to help them understand Design and Visual Colour.
You can help.

As for Critical colour work, this  is not possible. You can process other elements such as Cropping, Scaling - Coning....etc.

Once completed, you will have to ask a family member or a friend to have a look and advise which colours need retouching. Provided not critical retouching.

Akira:
Sorry about your problem, Richard.

So far as I'm aware, our NG friend "Olivier" shares your problem, but he has been posting (although hasn't been as active as I wish recently) excellently beautiful B&W images taken both in visible light and infrared.  You can search for his posts here:

https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=34

I'm not bluntly trying to suggest you to give up any color photography just because of your problem, but I'm pretty sure you will be VERY much inspired by his images.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version