Author Topic: Nikon Df v Z6 sensor  (Read 2522 times)

dko22

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Df v Z6 sensor
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 10:04:45 »
i must say, I'm surprised to see anyone still using Photo Ninja. I used to have a good deal of time for it about a decade ago as it was good on detail and generally reliable on colour but the highlight recovery still seems laughable and there has been no sign of the long promised v.2 which will surely now never see the light of day? I'd be interested to hear from Birna and any other supporters justify this piece of now almost forgotten software as there may be something I am missing here.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 20:21:59 »
If you do a lot of UV work the situation is very different. PN is still the king on the hill there. What software others use is none of my concern. Each to their own.

PN has the features I need for my daily routines so that is another reason to use it. Plus it works on all my computers even under Linux.

The UI becomes easy to grapple with over time. Program stability could be better, but I have used more crash-prone programs than PN.

dko22

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 10:52:58 »
Ah, I didn't know that PN was particularly good with UV. It's not something I generally do but if I at any point convert a camera to UV then indeed I'll take another look at PN. Thanks for the tip!