Author Topic: Voigtlander NOKTON D 35mm f/1.2  (Read 2148 times)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Voigtlander NOKTON D 35mm f/1.2
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 22:45:18 »
Thank you......I will wait until some images shows up here.......I am not on Instagram......or Facebook :-)

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 23:47:40 »
On Cosina's webpage it states that the lens has been made with Nikon's blessing.
"*This product is developed and manufactured under a license agreement with Nikon Corporation."
I read it as Nikon is disclosing (some of) the lens/body protocol.
Very interesting. Maybe Nikon was flattered by the Cosina lenses styled like old Nikkors, that they decided to let them inside. Cosina lenses are mostly niche manual focus lenses so unlikely to impact sales of Nikon lenses.
Of course there is also the 28-75/2.8 which is almost a rebadged Tamron, so it does seem that Nikon is opening up a little.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2022, 01:54:40 »
Let us hope so.

However this is not the first Tamron lens to be dressed in Nikon clothes - Tamron have built Nikon badged 70-300mm F-mount lenses in the past.  Still it is the first Z-mount Nikon badged lens made by Tamron. 

However why worry who builds it for Nikon if it does the job and meets Nikon's specifications?

Of course there is also the 28-75/2.8 which is almost a rebadged Tamron, so it does seem that Nikon is opening up a little.
Hugh Gunn

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2022, 07:51:56 »
If it is a license agreement then Cosina pays something to Nikon......maybe pr. lens sold?

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 10:53:05 »
On Cosina's webpage it states that the lens has been made with Nikon's blessing.
"*This product is developed and manufactured under a license agreement with Nikon Corporation."
I read it as Nikon is disclosing (some of) the lens/body protocol.

Link:
https://www.cosina.co.jp/voigtlander/en/z-mount/nokton-d35mm-f1-2/
Thx for sharing!
Very interesting to follow how this will evolve also regarding FX lenses
Erik Lund

Wannabebetter

• NG Member
  • Grateful For The Instruction Provided Me
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2022, 00:06:27 »
The looks are to kill for (figuratively, of course). I must get that one for my Z fc.

It is interesting that more and more companies now launch new lenses for the Z format with the electronics to match. I never liked the return to the dark ages of uncoupled, non-automatic,  non-communication lenses with adapters  the mirrorless era brought with it.

Birna, I love it when you talk dirty... ::) But, seriously now, I couldn't concur more with your view (pun intended) on lens-coupling. And a Nokton on a Z-fc body? A hipster's dream, in the non pejorative sense, if ever there was one. (So says the idiot writing this, posting emoji shades  8), who hasn't shaved in three days - because it's kool.)