Gear Talk > Camera Talk

What's next for Z6, Z7, and Z50 bodies?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Bent Hjarbo:
One thing I would like to have on my next Z camera is the UI from the D500/D8xx, that is the "Pro" UI.
The Z6 serves me well, but I don't like the "U" user modes.

Akira:
This is my pure speculation:

The next Z7III may share the same sensor used in Z9 and have no mechanical shutter.  If Tower Semiconductor would develop a lower cost, lower pixel (around 30MP?) sensor using the same technology, Z6III could also go without the mechanical shutter.  Z5II might be a virtual Z6II, the only model that will still have a mechanical shutter.

Zfc is practically a Z50 derivative with the UI of a film camera, so, there isn't really anything new about the APS-C models at this moment.

The only remaining mechanical part in any full-frame camera is IBIS which may stay for a while, because you would need a larger sensor to enable the fully electronic image stabilization.

I'm not SIGMA fan boy, but, their fp model turned to be a radically forward thinking camera to eliminate all the mechanical parts: the shutter, the IBIS, the mirror of course, and even the dust reduction!

fentriss:
Something with more (70+) megapixels would be nice. 4096 bye bye's richard

Jan Anne:
I don’t think the Z7III will have a stacked sensor until those sensors can rival the ultra clean images of the BMS sensor in the current Z7 range. With different sensor technologies the Z7III can complement the Z9 or be an excellent slow action camera on its own.

The Z6III might get a stacked sensor but it kind of depends how Nikon wants to counter the Sony a9M2 which has a 24MP stacked sensor, they might choose to beef up the Z6, introduce a Z8 model to counter both the a9M2 and the Canon R3 or just completely ignore the segment of low res high speed cameras the D6 used to sit in.

golunvolo:
A Z6III to rival the A9II and R3 will be the perfect for my needs. Silent, fast, no or little rolling shutter, no blackout, video up to 4k... Exactly what I'm doing with the Z6 right now. A strong step up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version