Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

A Day at the Zoo

(1/4) > >>

Luc:
Yesterday I shot this series of images at Artis Zoo in Amsterdam.

All images shot with a Nikon Z6 + Nikkor 70-200mm f4 VR + some quirky post processing

Jan Anne:
Excellent shots Luc, familiar animals in new habitats, at least to me as I have not visited Artis after the reconstruction work.

How did the Z6 do with the eye autofocus after the firmware update?

Remember from the “old” days that I was constantly switching AF points to get an eye in focus of over active animals.

Luc:
Thanks Jan Anne. I hadn't visited ARTIS in years and was pleasantly surprised, still a nice place to visit. And café Eik & Linde is just around the corner :D
I used AF-S for the slower animals and AF-C Auto-area AF with Face and eye detection on for the more mobile ones. Worked ok although I now realise I probably should have used Animal detection on?

ianwatson:
This is a lovely series, Luc. Thank you for including a wolf; I like them  8)

The vignette works well to focus attention on the subjects. What else did you do to produce this look?

golunvolo:

--- Quote from: Ian Watson on November 14, 2021, 21:31:43 ---This is a lovely series, Luc. Thank you for including a wolf; I like them  8)

The vignette works well to focus attention on the subjects. What else did you do to produce this look?

--- End quote ---

+1

Numbers 3 is so cute. The processing works for me too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version