Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Voigtlander APO-SKOPAR 90mm f/2.8 SL II S lens for Nikon F-mount

(1/6) > >>

Roland Vink:
A successor to the 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar, with faster aperture:

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/10/14/coming-next-month-new-voigtlander-apo-skopar-90mm-f-2-8-sl-ii-s-lens-for-nikon-f-mount.aspx

I couldn't find any additional specifications. At one time I considered buying the 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar (I got close to winning a couple on ebay) but I always felt that f/3.5 was too slow for this focal length, f/2.8 will be more useful. If it is a semi-macro lens like the older version it will be hard to resist! A nice companion for my Voigtlander 40mm SLIIS ultron :)

Hugh_3170:
Roland, thanks for the link.

f/2.5 would have been even nicer, but I must say that the traditional Nikon-esque styling looks rather nice - in keeping with the 58mm f/1.4 lens from this manuafacturer.

richardHaw:
very tiny :o :o :o

Hugh_3170:
It appears that the new lens will only focus down to 0.9m, whereas the Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II focuses down to 0.50m.  In part this helps account for the small size of the new optic.

--- Quote from: Roland Vink on October 14, 2021, 21:39:10 ---A successor to the 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar, with faster aperture:

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/10/14/coming-next-month-new-voigtlander-apo-skopar-90mm-f-2-8-sl-ii-s-lens-for-nikon-f-mount.aspx

I couldn't find any additional specifications. At one time I considered buying the 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar (I got close to winning a couple on ebay) but I always felt that f/3.5 was too slow for this focal length, f/2.8 will be more useful. If it is a semi-macro lens like the older version it will be hard to resist! A nice companion for my Voigtlander 40mm SLIIS ultron :)

--- End quote ---

Roland Vink:

--- Quote from: Hugh_3170 on October 15, 2021, 08:45:11 ---It appears that the new lens will only focus down to 0.9m, whereas the Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II focuses down to 0.50m.  In part this helps account for the small size of the new optic.

--- End quote ---
That was for the Leica M mount. Rangefinder lenses usually don't focus close, I'm hoping the F-mount version gets a bit closer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version