Author Topic: Z9 Release Thread  (Read 54411 times)

chambeshi

Re: Z9 Release Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2021, 14:35:19 »
Launching Tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_CTf4MFFU&list=PLW1QAZk93Tp9C69IRsTSF0yNxthsNCRfx&index=1

Nikon Imaging Japan Official Channel
39.7K subscribers
Nikon [Z 9 Online Presentation] will be held. The moment when it turns into conviction. Flagship Mirrorless Z 9.
https: //www.nikon-image.com/sp/teaser ...

・ Time schedule 20: 45-Scheduled to open 21: 00-Scheduled to start

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2021, 14:55:12 »
This would not be a practical way to let the subject know when a photograph is take.

I don't want the subject to change behavior based on what the camera is doing. It's very annoying when the subject assumes the photo has been taken (and change their behavior) based on camera sound; it may not have been THE shot I'm looking for. Almost always I want them to be as unaware of the photography as possible, and if in an interaction situation I want them to interact with the person (the photographer) and not the camera.

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2021, 16:07:55 »
I don't want the subject to change behavior based on what the camera is doing. It's very annoying when the subject assumes the photo has been taken (and change their behavior) based on camera sound; it may not have been THE shot I'm looking for. Almost always I want them to be as unaware of the photography as possible, and if in an interaction situation I want them to interact with the person (the photographer) and not the camera.

Some want it one way, others a different way. I’m glad the camera has both silent and audible modes of operation. If that teaser is showing no blackout during capture then silent mode is going to be even better than it is now.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2021, 16:47:14 »
According to Nikin NL offical launch tomorrow at 14:00 CET.

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2021, 18:43:13 »
According to Nikin NL offical launch tomorrow at 14:00 CET.

Here is the link to put it on your calendar - in case you forget.

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/z9iscoming.page

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2021, 19:36:11 »
I don't want the subject to change behavior based on what the camera is doing.

I have zero experience with professional models but I observe professional models in videos holding a pose and then changing their pose after a shot or two is taken. It seems to me having the subject know when a photo is taken and again not having the subject know is useful.

When shooting from a tripod having a radio trigger out of view allows tripping the shutter without the subject anticipating that a shot is eminent. When shooting hand held the subject can see the photographers finger on the shutter release but can't see the photographer's face. When the camera is on a tripod the subject can see the photographer's face.

Depending on the subject and circumstances one can improvise. It seems to me that more options are desirable.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2021, 14:40:27 »
Unstoppable. That is what Nikon states and I agree

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/mirrorless-cameras/z-9.html

A small step - A giant leap,,, What a machine!
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2021, 14:59:31 »
So, you have signed up for one yourself then?

Price is hefty, but not astronomical. NOK 64.990,- including VAT isn't too bad. I guess. Glad I'm among the first on the ordering list here.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2021, 15:09:55 »
I have zero experience with professional models but I observe professional models in videos holding a pose and then changing their pose after a shot or two is taken. It seems to me having the subject know when a photo is taken and again not having the subject know is useful.

I understand that and it's true they wait for the flash to go off in studio shots before changing pose. However, my point was just that basically all cameras that have silent capability also feature an optional shutter sound, and it felt odd for the synthetic shutter sound to be featured in the teaser videos.

So, no mechanical shutter in the Z9, that is now official.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2021, 15:12:17 »
6299€ in Finland, I would expect the real price to be somewhat lower. The D6's comparable price is 7499€ so the new camera is clearly less expensive. It's also less expensive than Canon's R3 (6399€) or Sony's A1 (7595€).

No preorder here. ;-)

But I noticed the updated roadmap has 24 mm DX compact prime and 26 mm FX compact primes, two 400 mm primes, one 600 mm and an 800 mm.

Finally a DX wide-angle prime lens.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2021, 15:12:26 »
I will pass for now, I have no need for this new machine.

If I was more into video and speedy mirrorless stuff I would maybe consider to try it out,,,

I am super happy with the D850 for it's overall performance in all regards!
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2021, 15:22:29 »
Nothing could be better than being super happy :)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2021, 15:32:04 »
It says you can choose the way the camera tells you an image have been taken. Not nedd to have a clear continous view all the time. It shows options A, B, C and Off, whatever that means.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2021, 16:04:21 »
But I noticed the updated roadmap has 24 mm DX compact prime and 26 mm FX compact primes, two 400 mm primes, one 600 mm and an 800 mm.

Finally a DX wide-angle prime lens.
And a 12-28mm DX lens which is interesting news for the Nikon Z DX users.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2021, 16:07:08 »
For me the most interesting feature is the AI advancement made in real "auto" focus. For sure this technology will trickle down to future less expensive models.