Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

Did Adobe Just Advise that Free Adobe Reader DC would...

(1/2) > >>

David H. Hartman:
Am I talking trash or...

Did Adobe just advise me that a Free Adobe Reader DC Update would delete, remove, uninstall Perpetual License Versions of Adobe Acrobat Professional?

A few days ago when I was about to install and update to Adobe Reader DC on my Windows 10 box I saw a message that said as much. I stopped and did not install the update and to insure that I don't make a mistake I uninstalled Adobe Reader DC from my computer.

If anyone here is using a Perpetual License Adobe Product take care!

Dave

David H. Hartman:
I guess no one here has an Adobe Perpetual License Applications that might be "Maliciously" uninstalled, deleted, trashed by an Adobe software installation program, especially a FREE one.  :o :o :o :o

Dave

ThomasAdams:
Dave,

I haven't had Adobe Acrobat Pro installed for years. I think my last version was Acrobat 9 Pro and if memory serves me correctly, some features stopped working as the Windows releases continued. That is odd, but not surprising as the program most likely has .dll's and other files that are commonly shared between other Adobe products and incompatible. At least you caught it in time and can eliminate the issue going forward!

Regards,
Tom

Ilkka Nissilä:
Since the perpetual licenses don't get support for new OS versions and Microsoft's position is that the OS must be kept up to date for security reasons, subscription is the only realistic option over the long run if one wants to use Adobe software. :/

JCDowdy:
I appreciate the warning!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version