Author Topic: GPS accessories  (Read 3109 times)

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: GPS accessories
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 12:21:05 »
Delivery of the foolography device that I ordered in mid April is now delayed until the end of July. Manufacturing problems with a special cable apparently.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: GPS accessories
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 10:05:03 »
Delivery of the foolography device that I ordered in mid April is now delayed until the end of July. Manufacturing problems with a special cable apparently.

The N1 finally came yesterday. Quite a long delivery time.

It's a tight fit to the 10-pin connector on my D850 and somewhat difficult to remove. The cable is also a tight fit. I guess this is meant to be left semi-permanently on the camera. I would have preferred screw mounting. When I finally managed to remove it it fell to the floor.

It appears to work; pairing was quick and I got GPS data through my phone. The camera control works better than some other remote control solutions I've tried in that it doesn't block the use of the camera's own controls. It seems very good in my initial impression. However, the tight fit would mean that I'd have to have one unit per camera, which would get pretty expensive. Anyway, I have a number of options now and I can get some experience before making additional purchases. I'll try out the different features of the software.