Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

Glossy or matte screen for photo editing - your experiences?

(1/4) > >>

Termite:
I'm about to upgrade my laptop, and I'm hesitating between a matte and a glossy screen. Most laptop reviews are written for gamers or people who watch films on the screen; I would like to hear the opinions and experiences of photographers - that's why I'm asking you.

With a glossy screen - will I see reflections of myself when I'm editing dark photographs?

The laptop I'm considering (an HP Zbook Studio) is available with both IPS and OLED displays. Which type of display do you prefer for photography work?

MFloyd:
Glossy and an appropriate lighting and background. Matte screens wipe out the dynamic of the image. My feeling at least.

David H. Hartman:

--- Quote from: MFloyd on September 19, 2021, 15:50:12 ---Glossy and an appropriate lighting and background. Matte screens wipe out the dynamic of the image. My feeling at least.

--- End quote ---

I agree with glossy screen. The editing environment is very important. Dim color corrected light matched to monitory helps considerably. No sunlight.

Dave

Airy:
My best experience so far is with a glossy one (M$ Surface Pro 4). Glossy, and hi-res.

Øivind Tøien:

Just to balance this a bit, always non-glossy screens for me. I have a window situated across the room in the direction behind my work station, and glossy screens would have caused annoying reflections.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version