Gear Talk > Other

FTZ 2?

(1/3) > >>

Snoogly:
It’s only a Nikon rumour, but it’s an exciting prospect.

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/09/09/nikon-could-be-working-on-a-new-ftz2-adapter.aspx/

Compatibility issues with the current FTZ and the Z9 body may be the driving force (according to the comments), so it may just offer the current functionality, but in a different skin.

ai metering and screwdriver focussing would be too much of an ask in the same unit methinks, but it would be super if there were two new adapters! Well, three, including the current one in a new skin.

David H. Hartman:
The best things in life are free
But you can keep 'em for the birds and bees

Now give me money (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want) yeah
That's what I want

--Berry Gordy Jr, Janie Bradford

Today I had car trouble. I put a new battery in it and it still didn't start. Rather than an intermittent failure I've had intermittent success starting it. I'm hoping a bad cable and or poor connection is the problem. When the car starts the starter turns the engine over smartly.

I have a little money in my "poke" and I'm hoping somehow to gable on a Nikon Z7 II. I'm about half way there.  :-X

Dave

I also doubt AI metering and especially screwdriver focus.

MILLIREHM:
Nikonrumor is now stating that it is confirmed

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/09/12/new-nikon-ftz2-adapter-confirmed.aspx/

I still hope that this brings additional functionality (AI and screwdriver support, removable tripod foot... dont expect a filter holder although a versoin with this feature wouldbe nice)
and that the upcoming Z9 is also works with the FTZ 1 and the vast majoritie of  F- lenses

Hugh_3170:
An FTZ2 Eh?  Well what is life without dreams and hope!

Actually given some of the smart adapters now being offerred by independent manufacturers, an FTZ2 should not be impossible.  Let us hope that it will be backwards compatible with all existing Z cameras and not just the yet to be released Z9.

MILLIREHM:

--- Quote from: Hugh_3170 on September 13, 2021, 02:01:00 ---
Actually given some of the smart adapters now being offerred by independent manufacturers, an FTZ2 should not be impossible.  Let us hope that it will be backwards compatible with all existing Z cameras and not just the yet to be released Z9.

--- End quote ---
yes thats another important hope - everything else would be foolish. Imagine pairing my future Z9 with my Z6 and a couple of F-lenses of different kind and type, there is an FTZ 2 adapter and i have to take an FTZ with me in addition to that .... or  mixing Z lenses with an F lens and I cant just keep the Adapter on the lens but have to change it frequently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version