Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Z fc - the thread

(1/53) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
As implied by the title, this thread is about our new darling, the Z fc.

It is petite and very cute even in its default 'panda' livery. I probably will aim to get the pink skin modification as soon as it becomes available.

Let any one owning, using, or contemplating the Z fc, contribute to this dedicated thread.

Meanwhile, a quick view of the Z fc with Zoom-Nikkor 43-86mm f/3.5, the kit lens of days long gone. My 43-86 is CPU-modified and works flawlessly on the Z fc.

Hugh_3170:
All six colours for the Zfc are now available in Melbourne's shops - including the pink one, so your wait should not be too long.  There is a curious grainy feel to the metal work, which seems more coarse than that of the older FM/FE cameras of old.

Is your FTZ adapter modified - I am curious about the colour coding spots on it?

Birna Rørslett:
The FTZ is not modified -- the colour dots simply indicate which cameras should be used with it. (I have an FTZ specifically altered for the use with a converted Z6).

The surface finish is silky smooth to behold and to touch, but in direct comparison to the older cameras (I only have an FE2 remaining), it has a tiny bit of grain to it.

If I understand correctly, modifying the skin requires a visit to the Nikon repair facility.

frankv:
Birna, how is the experience of manual focus of older lenses with the Z fc?

Birna Rørslett:
Not bad. Putting the zoom magnifier on the front function button, where your finger almost magically land, will ease focusing to a large extent.

As always with the mirrorless systems, the hardest task is focusing a very wide lens having only stop-down aperture in low light conditions. My Laowa 11mm f/4.5 is a prime example. This is a situation for which an optical viewfinder and a split-image groundglass reign supreme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version