Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Not the prodigal son but I’m back

(1/3) > >>

The_Traveler:
It is almost exactly 6 years since I last posted here.  Life has been turbulent and painful and I’ve drifted away from shooting except for yearly trips. My wife died after a very long and unpleasant illness and subsequently I relocated twice, first to NYC for 18 months and the, last October, to California.  I live half the year near Palm Springs and half the year near Palo Alto. I am trying to learn landscape photography with little or no success.

I shoot Sony but am sorely tempted by Leica and am hoping to fight that urge off.

Lew

rosko:
Welcome back, Lew, and so sorry for your wife.

Landscape photography : Framing, light, and sharpness of your lens, are, in my opinion, the main factors for success.

I use Leica R lenses with Z6. Quality of Leica lenses and quality of Nikon body, a reasonably cheap way to get the suitable gear, pricewise. (60mm makro elmarit f/2.8, apo macro elmarit 100mm f/2.8, apo Telyt 180mm f/3.4)

Leica R lenses are more expensive toward wide angle lenses, so I use Zeiss ZM, tiny, lighter and fitting the Z6 very well. (Zeiss biogon 35mm f/2 ZM).

Good shooting !

Francis.

Ann:
Lew:

I was so sorry to read your sad account of your recent troubles but welcome back to the world of photography and to NG.

Birna Rørslett:
hi there, Lew

-- and welcome back to NG activity. I'm sorry to hear about your wife. Hopefully doing some photography can ease the pain a bit? It did work for me in a similar situation.

/Birna

Anthony:
Great to see you back, Lew. I am very sorry to hear about your wife.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version