Author Topic: bah weep granah weep nini bong  (Read 1795 times)

Paolo Navarrete

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
bah weep granah weep nini bong
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:41:25 »
Paolo... 40... Las Pinas, Metro Manila, Philippines

Practically born into Nikon, was dad's system that I inherited and now I dump old gear to him.

https://bit.ly/PaoNavarretePhotos

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
Re: bah weep granah weep nini bong
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 13:23:44 »
Welcome Paolo to our little corner on the web.

Please do show us some of your photos, don't be shy, we're a friendly bunch  :)
Hans Cremers

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 13:50:40 »
No reason to refrain of posting images. I just visited your Flickr pages and lots of nice stuff there.

Paolo Navarrete

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 16:49:06 »
Hey Birna and HCS...

The presentable ones are in https://bit.ly/PaoNavarretePhotos.
The not so presentable ones are in my FB and IG. Hahaha.

Paolo Navarrete

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 16:59:48 »
wow. it feels oddly refreshing and good to be able to post and reply like it was 2010 again because tbh i'm getting tired of facebook's style, layout, and the kind of crowd there.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 19:40:14 »
Welcome to NG Paolo. This site has many unique treats, refreshing is one of them  :)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 19:53:11 »
When we re-established Nikongear in June 2015, a major objective was to avoid all kind of "social media" thus no buttons for Like, no FB, no Twitter, etc. etc. And no advertising. We have survived for 6 years  by now; the founders will never be rich, but that wasn't the point anyway. As long as some of our members understand that running a web site is not really for free and accordingly have signed up for subscription for a modest annual fee, we will keep afloat. More supporters are of course welcome, but there is no pressure.

Sivilised discourse free of foul speak, and a genuine interest in contribution to the knowledge benefitting everyone,  should be a hallmark of NG. The Admins only very rarely have to step in to moderate the threads. Let us keep it that way.

Paolo Navarrete

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 17:32:58 »
Paolo... 40... Las Pinas, Metro Manila, Philippines

Practically born into Nikon, was dad's system that I inherited and now I dump old gear to him.

https://bit.ly/PaoNavarretePhotos

I've used Nikon mainly... When I use to teach in college, Canon was the school's system though there were some older Nikons so I had to learn the EOS way. I've also been swayed by Samsung and Fuji to change/add their systems but running duals systems is expensive unless one does/will not be upgraded. The same goes for shifting; you'll be at a loss.

Right now in my dry cabinet are a couple of my D7000s, my wife's 100D, a Powershot G12 that I use for street photography, and a DJI Osmo that is so hard to sell.