Author Topic: Why photography?  (Read 453 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Why photography?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 13:16:43 »
Scenes from Como!

I love my X100, the T-version. So much camera in such a beautiful, smal package!!!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 13:20:11 »
To me photography is a way to enjoy a moment more intense. I observe better when I have my camera with me.
By freezing the moment I can look back to it as many times as I want to.
Due to my deteriorating eyesight I see things in a photo that I can't see in reality.
When I travel, I try to travel as light as possible.
And it is fun to do!

intense? I do not know. But sure different! I "see" things in another mode of consciousness. The naked eye can only see a very small part of a scene at once, a camera can freeze a situation and I can later browse through the files and detect relations I simply could not percieve so fast
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 21:16:32 »
The motivation of the artist (or artist-technician as I consider myself at best) is to create something beautiful 'for the people', in other words, to share with others.
When I was a young teenager, I saw photographs in magazines, books and photography in movies that impressed me as being visually beautiful.  I wanted, and want now, to make that.

Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Peter Connan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 13:14:40 »
Personally, I am a very lazy person. Having a camera and some image goals gives me some purpose when travelling.

If I don't have it, I tend to just laze around the house or camp, in which case I could basically have stayed at home.