Author Topic: Possible emulation of CRT Nikkor?  (Read 33627 times)

Roland Vink

• NG Member
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
Re: Possible emulation of CRT Nikkor?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2019, 11:35:32 »
So far as I'm aware, the optical formula (7 elements in 5 groups) of Nikkor S 50/1.4 remained the same until the "K" version.
Correct. The thick dark line indicates a new optical design. Medium dark line represents a minor adjustment of the previous optic (change to glass material, curvature and/or spacing of lens elements). The medium light line is an upgraded barrel design with the same optics, and the hairline is a new serial number range.

The original 7-element 5-group Nikkor-S 50/1.4 has three variants:
- original Nikkor-S serial no 314111 - 454670.
- upgraded Nikkor-S from 465011 - 1613735. This includes the multicoated Nikkor-S.C version.
- Further upgrade for "New Nikkor" (K) 50/1.4 from 2797021 - 3004000, probably to improve performance at close range since it focuses closer.

After these lenses an all-new design was introduced with 7 elements in 6 groups, starting with the new K version (pre-AI), through AI, AI-S and AF versions.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2019, 12:00:27 »
Roland, thank you for straightening up the things!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2019, 13:42:17 »
Thank you for your prompt replies, so it seems the lens needs to be from the 7-element 5-group Nikkor-S 50/1.4 variants, pre AI, probably not the 'K'.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Roland Vink

• NG Member
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2019, 21:44:56 »
Read my reply, no #21 in this thread :)

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2019, 23:21:01 »
Whoops! Sorry,  missed the detail there.  Great, will get something sorted, my source has a couple and also No. 1 and 2 closeup's.  I had a play last night with one but the other one is in his storage so I will try that asap.  I need his serial Numbers.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2019, 05:27:48 »
Well, you know, I guess I opened the can of worms... :o :o :o
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2019, 09:12:35 »
Thank you Akira, I like worms, they help fertilise the soil of projects and ideas.  ;D
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

dickb

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2019, 13:38:25 »
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to mention this, but in an attempt to reduce my collection I am selling the FJW Industries 54mm f/1.2 lens discussed in this thread. It's on ebay at the moment. If you mention you're from this forum I can give a small reduction in price.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2019, 10:52:42 »
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to mention this, but in an attempt to reduce my collection I am selling the FJW Industries 54mm f/1.2 lens discussed in this thread. It's on ebay at the moment. If you mention you're from this forum I can give a small reduction in price.

I was wondering, as it popped up from my searches...so it is yours!!
formerly known as kds315

dickb

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2019, 15:29:43 »
I was wondering, as it popped up from my searches...so it is yours!!

Indeed it is. I am being very original in choosing usernames, I started off as dick_b on ebay and then the bother of the underscore has eroded it into dickb on any subsequent photorelated forum...

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2019, 15:37:36 »
Indeed it is. I am being very original in choosing usernames, I started off as dick_b on ebay and then the bother of the underscore has eroded it into dickb on any subsequent photorelated forum...

I am bidding on the lens. Right now the only bidder.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

dickb

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2019, 15:54:07 »

O hi Michael, you got one of my XR Heligon 100/1.5s, right? Does it work well with the Nikon Z cameras?

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2019, 15:56:50 »

Have not worked with that on the Z7. Am interested in this lens you are selling, if you are interested in selling it to me, since you know I will use it and share the experience. I won't be bidding higher than you are asking.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

dickb

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2019, 16:19:51 »
Have not worked with that on the Z7. Am interested in this lens you are selling, if you are interested in selling it to me, since you know I will use it and share the experience. I won't be bidding higher than you are asking.

I appreciate it when people use unusual lenses and share their experience. I will let the auction run its course though, as it is hard to judge what the right price for unusual lenses is and ending it early may not be quite fair to other potentially interested parties.

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2019, 16:21:21 »
I appreciate it when people use unusual lenses and share their experience. I will let the auction run its course though, as it is hard to judge what the right price for unusual lenses is and ending it early may not be quite fair to other potentially interested parties.

Not a problem.