Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Green frog tableau

(1/2) > >>

Randy Stout:
This image was captured yesterday.  I normally shoot frogs in a way to create clean images with good subject isolation. This one however interested me because of all the different components to it.  The dominant subject in front, but the little frog in the background peering out, the small plant upper left, some of the varied rocks and textures throughout .  I would like to think that in this case it makes for a more engaging image, as you scan around for different parts of the image.  Certainly appreciate your thoughts on whether this works for you.

Panasonic GH4. Leica 100-400 shot at 400mm. f/10. 1/320s

I moved around several times to try and get the various objects in the frame lined up, and varied the f stop to alter the DOF.

Cheers

Randy

atpaula:
It works for me.
Very nice light and the texture of the frog.
I wonder how did you manage to take this shot, so close to the ground.

pluton:
I like seeing some of the surroundings in the shot more than just seeing the totally isolated frog.  I'm also curious about how you got the low angle and still used the finder of the GH4.  The 16x9-ish aspect ratio works well for this.

Jacques Pochoy:
All what the other said... Plus the light is wonderful  8)

golunvolo:
All of the above, including your own comments, I find them spot on. The image works. I´ll like to add that the low angle, second frog, format and sourrondings makes for a compelling story-telling. It definetly works very well.

Also curious about the "how" of the low shot. Focal lenght and shutter speed sugest some support. Did you use a rock or the floor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version