Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Black-throated loon eating crayfish

(1/2) > >>

Kim Pilegaard:
Here is a series of photos of a Black-throated loon that has caught a crayfish. Taken with D500 + AFS Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR + TC-17EII.

Kim Pilegaard:
How do I make the attached photos to appear in the correct order 1-2-3-4? Can I modify the above post to achieve that?

atpaula:
I love the results of this lens.
The light is beautiful.
Maybe it's the poor display I'm using rigth now, but I'd like more sharpness in the eyes of the loon.

Randy Stout:
Kim:

Fantastic to see this bird, as it is rarely seen online.  I will have to put a trip to your area in my bucket list!

I think the apparent sharpness of the eyes is being reduced by the reflections off the water. 

Were you shooting from shore, or from a boat?

Look forward to more.

Randy

Kim Pilegaard:
Randy,

Thanks for your nice comments.

These were shot from the shore. The lake is next to my summer cottage in Sweden. I have tried to shoot from boats, but the loons here are pretty shy. When they dive they can swim very long and completely disappear out of sight. Normally, they take rounds foraging in the lake, and quite often they come past my site in the early evening when the light is good. As always, it is a matter of spending enough time. As I write this, I can actually hear the loons on the lake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version