Gear Talk > Other

Two strong remarks about photography (to me)

(1/5) > >>

atpaula:
 To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.
Elliott Erwitt

You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life.
Joan Miró

Airy:
I concur with both, esp. the first one. Well obliged too, as I'm doing the same trips over and over again...

Bill Mellen:

--- Quote from: atpaula on June 24, 2019, 17:06:49 --- To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.
Elliott Erwitt

You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life.
Joan Miró

--- End quote ---

Both very good statements about photography.  Elliot Erwitt is one of my favorite photographers as well.

armando_m:
Thanks for sharing these  quotes

Ann:
Wise comments.

I have often wondered whether the "Art of Observation" is teachable; or whether some people are fortunate to have been born with that latent ability and others, very sadly, have not?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version