Author Topic: Digital back for Sinar P2 with Nikkor Large Format Lenses?  (Read 1419 times)

Imagelover

• Teacher to minority speaking people in Norway
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Dear NikonGear: I have some Nikkor Large Format Lenses from the SW, W, AM and T series. Does any of you know if it's possible to mount a digital back on the Sinar P2 large format camera letting me use the large format Nikkors and get digital results? Thanks for any answer!
One picture taken is far better than none!

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Digital back for Sinar P2 with Nikkor Large Format Lenses?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 21:34:50 »
Dear NikonGear: I have some Nikkor Large Format Lenses from the SW, W, AM and T series. Does any of you know if it's possible to mount a digital back on the Sinar P2 large format camera letting me use the large format Nikkors and get digital results? Thanks for any answer!

I believe Phase 1 makes an adapter and back. There are likely many others. Note that most of these are slower than you would be used to with a modern digital dslr or mirrorless.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Digital back for Sinar P2 with Nikkor Large Format Lenses?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 22:01:03 »
Some years ago, I had a PhaseOne digital back on loan for use on my Arca-Swiss view cameras, using various large-format Nikkors. Despite the huge number of pixels, results were less than perfect. No doubt due to the issue of differential chromatic aberration across the large frame. Using movements on the view camera further worsened these issues.

I think the LF Nikkors are optimised for film only.