Gear Talk > Other

New monitor

(1/2) > >>

ianwatson:
Hello everyone,

My 23" Apple Cinema Display is showing its age. The time has come for a new monitor. A bit of research suggests the Eizo CS2420 as an excellent replacement. The size and resolution are similar at 24" and 1920 x 1200. Or perhaps I could indulge in the CS2730 at 27" and 2560 x 1440. (This is the most resolution that I believe my late 2012 Mac mini can handle.) Then there is the wild thought of a shiny new 27" iMac with a 5K display. Shiny might be the operative word with its glossy display.

What do you think? Is 5K a help or a hinderance for editing photographs?

Bent Hjarbo:
I am using a 27” iMac from 2015, it has the 5k display. Although shiny it is very good to edit pictures on.
The Retina display makes a huge difference. 5120x2880 pixels makes a difference, so files from a D700 is show nearly in 100% ;)

Anthony:
Same here (but December 2014).  It is a lovely monitor, but I have not used the Eizo so cannot compare.

ianwatson:
Thank you, Bent and Anthony. The iMac it is  8)

Anthony:

--- Quote from: Ian Watson on June 20, 2019, 15:19:38 ---Thank you, Bent and Anthony. The iMac it is  8)

--- End quote ---

I recommend the SSD version.  I have applications on the SSD and my data on an external Thunderbolt drive.  It may be that the iMac now uses USB-C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version