Images > Life, the Universe & Everything Else

Boulevard of Dandelions

(1/1)

RBSinTo:
I've not been shooting much for about a year, for a number of reasons including a severely deteriorating right hip that makes walking for more than about 30 minutes quite painful and so will be replaced at the end of August.
To try and get my creative juices going, I've been looking at other genres that don't require me to run around on city streets with a ton of gear and so when a few weeks ago, while driving, I noticed a boulevard covered in Dandelions along the roadside, I immediately got an idea for what I thought would be an interesting photo and took the shot. Playing in Photoshop I cropped the roadway and street lamp poles, duplicated the left side of the image, flipped it, pasted the two halves together and then made just enough changes to eliminate the exact bilateral symmetry that I so dislike in photos of this type.
I know there are a number of issues (including a bald sky that only changed a few days later after the roadside had been mowed) but I hope to re-shoot it again when the Dandelions make their inevitable reappearance, and improve the result.
Nikon D3
Sigma 12-24 f4.5-5.6 autofocus zoom
f16 @ 1/100th ISO 200

Bent Hjarbo:
Well done, nice photo.

Bruno Schroder:
Good idea. Nice edit.

RBSinTo:
Bent, Bruno,
Thanks for commenting.
Robert

Akira:
Would be nice for a twofold sleeve for an LP or a CD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version