Author Topic: [Theme] Show us your best moon (and solar system) images  (Read 182779 times)

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: [Theme] Show us your best moon (and solar system) images
« Reply #1095 on: May 11, 2024, 09:24:35 »
Thanks, Akira, it is unfortunately no dark here any longer - it changes so quickly at this time of the year. If it was not for the cloud cover, I would check anyway to see if it was strong enough to overcome the twilight if I am still awake at the darkest time at closer to 2am...
Øivind Tøien

aerobat

• NG Supporter
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
« Reply #1096 on: May 11, 2024, 10:35:58 »
Amazing series Øivind - many thanks for sharing.
Daniel Diggelmann

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #1097 on: May 11, 2024, 10:48:37 »
I almost missed the warning from the local astronomy society which arrived when I was going to bed. For once, the sky was clear so I put my clothes back on and went out :)

D750 14-24/2.8 at f4 and ISO3200. Quick conversion to sort the files. Now I need to find the right way to denoise the files ...

Bruno Schröder

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #1098 on: May 11, 2024, 12:01:47 »
Amazing series Øivind - many thanks for sharing.

Thanks Daniel.

Fantastic aurora captures, Bruno!!! I am so glad you were able to capture it and thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Those color tones when the aurora extends that far south is so rare and precious.
Øivind Tøien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #1099 on: May 11, 2024, 12:11:02 »
I almost missed the warning from the local astronomy society which arrived when I was going to bed. For once, the sky was clear so I put my clothes back on and went out :)

D750 14-24/2.8 at f4 and ISO3200. Quick conversion to sort the files. Now I need to find the right way to denoise the files ...

Bruno, these are phenomenal (no pun intended)!  The wimples of the red-purple curtain (typical for the low altitude aurora, if I understand correctly? ) is very well captured.  Thank you for sharing!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #1100 on: May 11, 2024, 12:56:53 »
Very nice captures!
It also captured here in Greece southern to Athens  :o unfortunately I didn’t had the info on time  to check the sky but I don’t know if it’s worth due to light pollution

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #1101 on: May 11, 2024, 15:46:46 »
Bruno,  superb captures, congrats

I was opina someone here would be able to see this phenomenon,  thanks for sharing it !!
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #1102 on: May 12, 2024, 08:47:01 »
After the magnificent aurora show originating in sunspot region AR3664 and captured by Bruno, I thought it was appropriate with a parting shot of AR3664 from this morning. I used the same equipment, this time with slightly better seeing.  However do not give up looking for auroras from these events yet. CMEs take several days to reach us from the sun and the forecast is for a new class 5 storm from another already occurred CME May 12-13. (Again, open in new tab and click for larger display).

Øivind Tøien

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2024, 11:59:26 »
Thank you all. I'm so glad the stars finally aligned :) with a clear sky during a significant astronomy event after so many nights obscured by clouds.

Thanks for sharing AR3664, Øivind, I owe it the pictures :)

According to NOOA, the next wave should hit us around 12:00 UTC, in 1 hour as I write this. I'll be out there this evening.
Bruno Schröder