Author Topic: NG Scotland 2019  (Read 44441 times)

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Re: NG Scotland 2019
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2019, 09:52:12 »
To all participants - I received the following email last night, frm the owners -

"Hi,
Just to let you know that someone in your party has left behind an i phone charger and an i pod docking station (I think ).If you can give us their address, we can post it on to them. Glad you had a successful trip,
Sue"

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2019, 12:44:15 »
Thank you, Dave ... wonderful to meet you again ... pity we did not meet Mayumi this time  .... next time again for sure
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2019, 16:08:43 »
South pole, Isle of Skye, a mile of rocky walk from the natural harbour at the point of Sleath

https://www.isleofskye.com/skye-guide/top-ten-skye-walks/the-point-of-sleat
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2019, 16:55:39 »
Day 7- Friday - am, a visit to remote Glenelg; pm - a trip to northern Skye

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2019, 18:28:13 »
RAAF Spitfire attack at Edinburgh.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2019, 18:41:27 »
Extraordinary images from extraordinary Scotland.
Thank you all for sharing!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2019, 18:46:55 »
Gunver and I stayed in Scotland after the NG meeting, vent to Inverness.
After Davids suggestion we took General Wade's Military Road back down along Loch Ness, as yesterday the weather was not good, so we hurried away to Inverness.
Today we got lots of clouds, and less traffic than on the highway to Tillburg ;) We had cows and sheep on the road instead.
It is a slow road, but very scenic, thank you for the suggestion David.
I can't upload the picture :(

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2019, 18:58:51 »
The picture

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2019, 19:18:21 »
Bent: Apparently, any posting issue has sorted itself?

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2019, 20:06:26 »
Yes :)

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2019, 21:00:06 »
Well my plans to continue up the NW coast fell apart.  As I was driving over to Applecross over the Bealach na Bà pass as I reached the higher hairpin bends I was baulked by traffic and the clutch began slipping very badly, I nearly didn't make it to the top.  Reaching Applecross I decided the sensible option was to break for home, rather than going into areas I was unfamiliar with in a dodgy car, on my own.

I left Applecross at noon and arrived home at 3am this morning, having nursed the clutch all the way.  Spent most of the day in bed, catching up.  My plan for a leisurely exploration went up in smoke!

I think I may have some photo's from the drive before the clutch went.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2019, 21:33:59 »
Well my plans to continue up the NW coast fell apart.  As I was driving over to Applecross over the Bealach na Bà pass as I reached the higher hairpin bends I was baulked by traffic and the clutch began slipping very badly, I nearly didn't make it to the top.  Reaching Applecross I decided the sensible option was to break for home, rather than going into areas I was unfamiliar with in a dodgy car, on my own.

I left Applecross at noon and arrived home at 3am this morning, having nursed the clutch all the way.  Spent most of the day in bed, catching up.  My plan for a leisurely exploration went up in smoke!

I think I may have some photo's from the drive before the clutch went.

Sorry to hear about the clutch, Robert. No way to wind up an exciting week. Are you going to replace the slippery disc yourself?
Carl

Gunver Hjarbo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2019, 23:03:27 »
Today Bent and I took a trip on Genral Wade's Military Road fra Inverness and south to Fort Augustus.
Very nice scenery. A very narrow road :o

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2019, 23:51:39 »
Gunver: In your nice pictures it is clearly to be seen that this kind of weather is much better photographically. Lucky you. And you got the VW GOLF in the same rental category I got the ASTRA .... "Huyundai i30 or equivalent" ... I wold have been so happy with  the Huyundai or theVW but I got a furking OPEL!

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2019, 00:10:39 »
Sorry to hear about the clutch, Robert. No way to wind up an exciting week. Are you going to replace the slippery disc yourself?

Yes, been watching You Tube videos all afternoon.  :(

I've done a few modern FWD clutches, seems there's nothing too difficult with this one I don't think and I have all the gear, tools, etc.  It's driving OK again at present (I couldn't make it slip when I went out earlier.) but it will have to be done or the flywheel will suffer.  Darned nuisance, have plenty to do without fixing cars up.

On my way home my biggest worry was  getting up Glen Coe, it's quite steep towards the top.  I took it easy in second gear and managed OK.  The road had been cleared by an Aston Martin, two Ferraris and a very fast/powerful Toyota! I just followed them up in their wake.  They sounded very nice,  ;D  the sound of their exhausts echoing across the Glen.  I didn't fill up before Glen Coe to minimise the weight, however I forgot to top up in Tyndrum and consequently almost ran out of fuel on the motorway... It's a long way between services on the M74.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK