Author Topic: Adobe practically raises price for CC photograpy plan  (Read 16871 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?promoid=P3KMQYMW&mv=other#

Comparison chart:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?promoid=952G4WLC&mv=other

They will continue to offer the plan for 9 USD per month but LR only (no LR Classic).  If you continue to use Photoshop in addition to LR, you will have to pay 19 USD per month.   The disk space in the cloud is increased to 1TB, though.

As for me, I'm happy to have unsubscribed it last December.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Adobe practically raises price for CC photograpy plan
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 01:08:48 »
The strategy move wasn't entirely unexpected? People predicted such development from the onset of subscription of CC.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 02:09:21 »
The strategy move wasn't entirely unexpected? People predicted such development from the onset of subscription of CC.

I guess you are right.  IIRC, the original prices for the subscription plans presented by Adobe were much higher.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 02:17:49 »
Hmm...the web pages I linked originally seem to have disappeared.  What's going on?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 03:08:22 »
I do not want to use Lightroom at all. Photoshop is the only app I am interested in. Not even Bridge I like to use.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 03:40:56 »
I do not want to use Lightroom at all. Photoshop is the only app I am interested in. Not even Bridge I like to use.

I didn't like LR at all either.  Its persisting catalog system is a major annoyance.  The catalog system of Capture One Express is much simpler, compact and not bothering.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 06:32:11 »
I checked the Adobe/CC page earlier today and again just now (May 12, 21:21 pacific daylight time) and the old standard US$9.95/month was the offered price both times. Test marketing for only certain visitors.  The algorithm decides.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:35:30 »
Frank, What app do you use to quickly scroll through 100 or 200 camera files that you have moved from camera card to computer?  The supplied app on the MacOS (Preview) is way too slow for such operations.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 06:46:40 »
Well, expecting Adobe to not raise prices over the years is a bit optimistic as  see it. Everything else in life gets more expensive as time goes on. My choice is to remain  with Adobe's offerings, YMMV.
Carl

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 07:30:53 »
Frank, What app do you use to quickly scroll through 100 or 200 camera files that you have moved from camera card to computer?  The supplied app on the MacOS (Preview) is way too slow for such operations.
I am not Frank of course but did you consider Photomechanic? Simple, very fast...

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 08:32:58 »

I use either View NX or Fast Image Viewer or Photomechanic. I got all three of these
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

ianwatson

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 17:10:14 »
Well, expecting Adobe to not raise prices over the years is a bit optimistic as  see it. Everything else in life gets more expensive as time goes on. My choice is to remain  with Adobe's offerings, YMMV.

Doubling the price in one go is a bit of a shock to the system. Still, if enough of the market will bear it then one should not blame Adobe for trying to make money.

For someone who uses both Lightroom and Photoshop, $240 per year might not be unreasonable. For someone like me, who is content with Lightroom, it might be. It is certainly enough to make me look at the alternatives.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 19:45:23 »
I use either View NX or Fast Image Viewer or Photomechanic. I got all three of these
I love Faststone. Thé best to my view. And it can do a lot more than fast viewing.

ianwatson

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 20:43:59 »
I love Faststone. Thé best to my view. And it can do a lot more than fast viewing.

Has anybody tried NeoFinder?