Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Hi! new to the world of photography

(1/1)

Cyril:
Hi guys :)
I got my very first camera last year. A Nikon D70s with a 18-55mm kit zoom. I don't even remember how but I happened to read online about Koudelka's work, then Cartier-Bresson's and Robert Capa's. I realised I'd just never really looked at a photograph before. It pushed me to learn about art in general and a bit later I just had to buy a camera because as it turns out, I think fell in love with photography as a medium.
I'm in my 20s and I just started a completely different career and this is just a hobby but here's my "portfolio". I shoot whenever I'm able to and I look at a lot of pictures in books and online. I also try to get my work critiqued because I love it when someone else mentions something and I go "omg I didn't even see things this way but god you're right".

And because this is Nikongear.net  ;D  :
Nikon D7000
Nikkor 50 mm f/ 1.8 AI-S "pancake"
Nikkor 35 mm f/ 1.8 G DX AF-S
Nikkor 28 mm f/ 2.8  AI-S (absolutely love this one)
And I should receive my next next lens this week: Nikkor 20 mm f/ 3.5 AI-S  ;D can't wait to try it for street

Writing this made me realise that I need to stop buying lenses and focus on practicing with one lens hahaha. But man, they're so cheap used on ebay, and so beautiful..

Nice forum, thanks for having me boys and girls

Bent Hjarbo:
Welcome to our friendly place.

Birna Rørslett:
Welcome to NG, as already mentioned it is a friendly, but not toothless, community :D

Cyril:

--- Quote from: Bent Hjarbo on April 21, 2019, 15:59:38 ---Welcome to our friendly place.

--- End quote ---
thank you !

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on April 21, 2019, 16:34:41 ---Welcome to NG, as already mentioned it is a friendly, but not toothless, community :D

--- End quote ---
Thank you ! I looked at some of the work you've posted on Flickr and your use of colours is incredible, I find it very inspiring. I've mostly used black and white for street and I'm now very critical of the first pictures I took because it didn't necessarily serve the moments I wanted to capture and show. Using colours and making it work with my photographs is my main objective these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version