Author Topic: A few spring flowers  (Read 2054 times)

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
Re: A few spring flowers
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 16:38:20 »
Lars, thank you for kind words.

I process all X-E3 files in the free Capture One Express Fujifilm.  Capture One decodes the X-Trans sensor data just marvelously.

Actually I rather like the absence of the flip screen of X-E3.  I've used quite a few cameras either tilting or free-angle LCDs and do know how handy they are.  But, thanks to the very wide view angle of today's LCDs, I rarely miss the articulating screen.  Along with the fact that the four-way controler on the back is replaced with the joystick, I really love the simplicity of X-E3.  The four-way controller is transformed to the four-way swipe function on the touch screen, but I don't find any need to use it and turn it off.  I use the touch screen function only in the image preview mode.

I also like the flat-top design which looks less obtrusive than a DSLR design.

Akira - many thanks for sharing your experiences.

I've used Capture One since version 5 or 6 and currently use version 11 - like you, I also find that ”C1” does a great job with Fuji X-Trans files. As for the X-E3 design/features I get your points and maybe I should take a closer look. I'm not put-off by the "DSLR-hump" and also have an X-T1 but after using that camera for a while I realised the design of the X-E's works better for me .. just a small thing like having my nose free :-) So I hoped for an X-E3 with a tilting screen. 

As already said, the colours in your pictures looks great. I've had a bit of trouble getting along with the X-T1's colour output and actually prefer the output from my X-E1. Might be a question of my post processing skills.

Maybe I lack imagination and/or knowledge about Japanese/Chinese flower painting, but I did not get associations from your pictures as being especially Japanese or Chinese more than I would have associated them with e.g. impressionistic flower painting. I just saw well executed flower photography composed and processed by a mind that is not absent (quote..). Everyone gets their own associations when looking at a picture but maybe categorisation can lead to limitation ;-)