Author Topic: X-T3  (Read 18472 times)

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Re: X-T3
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 04:35:51 »
Armando, "I had been lusting over the Fuji system for quite a while..." , same here.  Fuji is finally making an effort in India.   When I bought into Olympus m43 they were non-existent and did not answer my emails or phone calls  >:(  ,  So you have not started working with the X-trans RAWs?
Very nice images, keep having fun  :) .
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 05:15:30 »
Thanks Akira,
We'll see :)

Tom,
The images I have shared have been developed from Raw files, I'm using CaptureOne Express for Fuji, it's a free version, and I'm very pleased with the results, the files are very easy to work with, and I never imagined the beautiful and sharp images I'm getting with my adapted nikon lenses, the auto white balance is very very good, and the film simulation profiles are available in captureone.

I'm struggling a bit with the camera setup, doing manual everything is easy, but takes planning if you need to shoot fast, shooting in aperture mode with auto iso is a bit confusing, altough all my images were exposed correctly in the screen they appeared over exposed, guess I'll need to read the manual :)
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 05:39:35 »
Thanks Armando,  my son is halfway through his first year of a 3 year Multi-media course and wants to specialize in filmmaking and advertising.  His school is predominately using Fuji and Capture One.  He is still using his EM1 but also uses my Sony a7rii and a7iii and also the D500 for Sport and Birds.   He has never shot the Df .   I really lust after the Z6 but the XT3 seems pretty good for Vids and his school gets fantastic discounts on Fuji bodies and, more importantly, lenses.   The price of a Fuji buy-in works out less expensive than the Z6 and lenses.  I sure do not need the Z6  ;) .  That famous Indian expression "what to do" applies  ;) .    Both the Z6 and a7iii are pretty good for Vids.
I look forward to more of your images and experiences  :)
Tom
Edit: I never recommended a career in photography, just the opposite !
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 11:15:56 »
Tom: in the end all the stuff you can afford and you lust for will make it the house of your photography crazy family some day. I guess the first bigger price cuts on the Z6 or a nice Black Friday deal will kick you over the doorstep...   says advocatus diaboli ...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Ian R

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 12:44:19 »
Nice!

I was looking to get into the Fuji system myself last year as my first mirrorless but found the whole range confusing as to what sits where and what is due for 'imminent replacement' as it has a problem / issue that is to be removed or improved on the next iteration or which models miss out on features that are important - and that is before I got into the sensors and workflow changes.

It was a shame as I really liked the look of some of the cameras and images they took. I ended up spending so long reading and trying to absorb all things Fuji (nearly 2 months) that I suffered information overload fatigue and ended up just getting a Nikon Z6 and whether getting that instead of one of the many Fuji cameras was a wise move or not I can't say.

I suppose that is one of the problems with staying with one make - all the others seem confusing!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 12:51:58 »
As long as one is able to make the desired photographs, the gear as such is of little consequence. The seemingly endless "swapping" between brands on the other hand makes a lot of money -- for shops and makers.

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 14:38:05 »
Now that is the truth  :) .   The photographer who owns, and runs, my son's school told him to stick with the camera he is most comfortable with for the basics and learn how to use the Sony a7rii before dropping the EM1.  When he needs cameras for specific reasons he will then be ready to make a move.  He has been shooting Nikon DSLR's since he was 8.
Frank, afford and want.... lol .   I will wait and see how my son progresses and which direction he takes before the "want' gets to me.  For most charity work my wife is now using her Samsung Galaxy S10plus more than her 'proper' cameras  ;) ,  No real printing and easy/fast to share and no pay.
Tom
Edit: Nikon India are now offering a Weebill Lab gimbal Creator's Kit for half price with Z6/7 and the trade in for my D300. So I could justify by giving my son the Gimbal....save so much that I go broke...lol
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 06:02:36 »
Last night 30 min exposure from the roof of the house
x-t3 + 70-300 zoom
The tilting screen and decent live view makes pointing the camera and focusing really easy, also the lighter camera helped keep the tracker pointed to north star without constant readjustments every time I made adjustments to where  the camera is pointing, I was expecting some battery trouble but it was not the case, I used about 40% in the whole session, about 150 images, I used the camera intervalometer

Converted the raf files to dng so they can be ingested by deepskystacker, other than that the processing is pretty much the same as with the D800 in regards of detail and amount of noise, taming the reds was more difficult than I remember but I'm surrounded by street lights, that recently have been upgraded to led so it is difficult to compare

I really would like to try the fuji from a darker area
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 07:41:34 »
Wow! And that with a 70-300 zoom ? From your roof ? I'm flabbergasted  :o
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 08:49:39 »
Last night 30 min exposure from the roof of the house
x-t3 + 70-300 zoom
The tilting screen and decent live view makes pointing the camera and focusing really easy, also the lighter camera helped keep the tracker pointed to north star without constant readjustments every time I made adjustments to where  the camera is pointing, I was expecting some battery trouble but it was not the case, I used about 40% in the whole session, about 150 images, I used the camera intervalometer

Converted the raf files to dng so they can be ingested by deepskystacker, other than that the processing is pretty much the same as with the D800 in regards of detail and amount of noise, taming the reds was more difficult than I remember but I'm surrounded by street lights, that recently have been upgraded to led so it is difficult to compare

I really would like to try the fuji from a darker area

Amazing result, Armando!  The detail of the nebulae is very well rendered.

If I remember correctly, Fuji digital bodies have traditionally been preferred by astronomical photographers because they can render the red color of the H-alpha spectrum well.  I wonder if you noticed that?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 10:14:47 »
Lovely image, Armando.
Anthony Macaulay

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2019, 12:16:35 »
Wonderful work Armando!

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:01 »
Wow Armando, great colours.  Never seen here .
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 12:47:23 »
I am desperately trying to resist the irrational desire to get the X-T3, and you are not helping. Not thank you!
Of course, the image is wonderful. Maybe a bit flat on the nebula tones?

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2019, 13:22:01 »
Impressive sky Armando