Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Nikkor 20-60mm zoom on Z6?

(1/4) > >>

Ian R:
I'm going through my unused lenses and one of those is my absolute favourite from 15 years ago - the IX Nikkor 20-60mm. I used it on many cycle rides for some dramatic shots on my Nikon APS SLR. Sadly the film went away and I used other lenses on different cameras. So had me wondering. With a Nikon G to Z converter do the IX Nikkors cover the full frame? What is the image like?

The 20-60mm was made in Japan, and on APS film was a good performer. 20-60mm is an excellent walk around lens if it could work.

If nobody has tried I'll order the adaptor to try in the interests of science.

Birna Rørslett:
It might work on the Z cameras, but don't expect full frame coverage.

Ian R:
I tried it on the FTZ but the lens rear element protrudes way too far. I held it to a Pentax K converter but inconclusive as the flange distance is wrong. I have ordered the Nikon G adapter. It's probably the rose tinted spectacles of happy times of yore but I remember it being amazing performer along with the 30-60. Lets see!

Akira:
Perhaps you could reverse-mount it on the adapter to use it as a macro lens of variable magnification?

Ian R:

--- Quote from: Akira on March 08, 2019, 01:33:36 ---Perhaps you could reverse-mount it on the adapter to use it as a macro lens of variable magnification?

--- End quote ---

Good idea. I'll certainly be trying that. Only its a G lens so wedging the aperture lever will be needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version