Author Topic: March 2019  (Read 81124 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: March 2019
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2019, 04:05:43 »
Sine of spring?

It is the pattern created by the worker with a power trowel going back and forth across the slab.
For those that don't know concrete, one of the steps is to trowel the concrete. This occurs when the concrete has started to stiffen and has the purpose of smoothing the surface, consolidating the aggregate and bringing a slurry of concrete paste to the surface.

yes  you also want to get rid of air containers, bubbles and air trapped under rough parts of the construction
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2019, 05:09:10 »
yes  you also want to get rid of air containers, bubbles and air trapped under rough parts of the construction

Frank, for settling concrete and releasing bubbles we typically use a concrete vibrator at the time the concrete is placed. Troweling takes place when the concrete has become firm enough to support weight. I could talk about concrete for hours.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2019, 09:31:18 »
Frank, for settling concrete and releasing bubbles we typically use a concrete vibrator at the time the concrete is placed. Troweling takes place when the concrete has become firm enough to support weight. I could talk about concrete for hours.

very interesting. The structures look like forkwork...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2019, 17:50:57 »
March 15

Wind and rain again, though we had some sun also.

Testing a recently acquired zf50mm f/1,4 on d850, a controversial lens if i may follow the reviews.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2019, 18:10:39 »
I took so many lovely shots today, rainy day and melancholic mind ... a perfect match

The mimosa is my favourite I guess

taken with D850 & 105E

Quote came in. Repair of the 2/200VR is not 0€ and not 1700€ but just under 600€. Unboxing the gem I already found the screeching sounded like 500€ to 600€. The seller announce the lens as "I own this lens for 5 years but i hardly use it anymore, it's in perfect condition": http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,8407.0.html

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2019, 19:29:37 »
Nice, Frank.  That's a huge misfortune with that lens.

Rainy all day.

Df  Ang. 28-70/2.6

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2019, 19:34:15 »
Frank: at least the 200/2 is repairable. Enjoy the lens after it being fixed.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2019, 19:34:36 »
March 15
Wind and rain again, though we had some sun also.
Testing a recently acquired zf50mm f/1,4 on d850, a controversial lens if i may follow the reviews.
Nice.
The reviews are a mixed bag.  I noticed.

I have the Zeiss Planar 50/1.4   -   a bit of LoCa but a unique character. 

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2019, 13:03:28 »
Fons, Frank and John, you together make an enjoyable series of color compositions!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2019, 13:04:03 »
March 16.

Urban surrealism.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2019, 13:21:16 »
Akira: Like a Murakami story being visualised (reading 'A wild sheep chase' at present).

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2019, 13:23:59 »
Frank: at least the 200/2 is repairable. Enjoy the lens after it being fixed.

I feel it is not OK to sell a lens as flawless if it is not.

I will shoulder the repair and probably sell the PC-E which does not really speak to me after a few days of testing. The 2/200VR is wonderful ...

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2019, 13:32:25 »
Nice, Frank.  That's a huge misfortune with that lens.

I paid 2800€ incl shipping for both lenses as a package Adding the 600€ repair brings the price to "normal" levels. What was a bargain is now a standard transaction.

If I sell the PC-E the repaired 2/200VR will be at a very fair price point with warrenty from the mothership.

Disappointed I am only by the seller's policy to sell a defect item as flawless. Fair it is he offered to take the items back and refund the price I paid.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2019, 13:40:40 »
Akira: Like a Murakami story being visualised (reading 'A wild sheep chase' at present).

I do neither understand the "surrealism" in the picture nor the Murakami parallel. I love Murakami though and his Surrealism just read both volumes of "Killing Commendantore" ... this is surreal.

Can you enlighten me to better understand your picture and your intention, Akira?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2019, 13:55:51 »

Birna, I'm afraid I haven't read any of his novels.  But I'm glad my image seems to offer something amusing to you.  :)

I do neither understand the "surrealism" in the picture nor the Murakami parallel. I love Murakami though and his Surrealism just read both volumes of "Killing Commendantore" ... this is surreal.

Can you enlighten me to better understand your picture and your intention, Akira?

Frank, the surrealism is in the eye of the beholder.  Seriously, the mysterious huge pipe-like constructions covered with ivies, a tower in the distance, shadows of the buildings cast onto the wall of the building on the opposite side, the lighting at dusk, a delivery man with a big red carrier...all together turn an ordinary urban scene in Shinjuku into something surreal, which made me push the shutter button.