Author Topic: [Theme] Pictures of manhole covers :)  (Read 698 times)

CS

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: [Theme] Pictures of manhole covers :)
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 00:39:00 »
From Tokyo this double cover.

Good one, Jack.

I notice that some of these covers lack an access hole, if that's the proper term, for inserting the tool that lifts the covers. I wonder how those covers are raised if there are no apparent holes for prying up the covers? Maybe someone here knows.  ???
Carl

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 01:11:18 »
Good one, Jack.

I notice that some of these covers lack an access hole, if that's the proper term, for inserting the tool that lifts the covers. I wonder how those covers are raised if there are no apparent holes for prying up the covers? Maybe someone here knows.  ???

If you look carefully there is either a hole for a hook, a center loop, or a notch at the edge for all but one, and that one is an inset to a larger cover.

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 03:53:30 »
I think one exception is the Budapest one.  It's hinged and has an interruption in the bezel for a tool to pry it open.

CS

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 05:45:40 »
I think one exception is the Budapest one.  It's hinged and has an interruption in the bezel for a tool to pry it open.

That's the one that prompted my question. I went back and found the bezel interruption, and hinged, no wonder!
Carl