Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

Opening up a Zuiko 50mm lens?

(1/3) > >>

Derek of Venango:
Good day.

Perhaps directed more toward Richard Haw, but has anyone opened up a Zuiko MC Auto S 50mm f/1.4 lens? I have some ugly bloom on the glass. I believe it's on the nose end outer elements. Don't know which one. Are those accessible from the front of the lens and if so how to gain access?

Derek of Venango:
I jumped the gun a bit as I just now see a YouTube vid on disassembly of exact lens.

Jack Dahlgren:

--- Quote from: Derek of Venango on February 18, 2019, 19:57:24 ---I jumped the gun a bit as I just now see a YouTube vid on disassembly of exact lens.

--- End quote ---

No matter what the lens, Richard’s site offers good general advice (use the correct screwdrivers etc...) that it is worth taking a look at before you begin.

Derek of Venango:
Hi Jack, yes good stuff from Richard. I have reasonable but limited kit.  :D

So far: Removed front retainer ring and element. Next group is threaded and needs removed via spanner wrench. Ring won't budge. Seems odd as all other threaded ring/elements have moved with make-shift rubber stoppers quite easily. Have applied MEH/Acetone cleaner and heat with no effect. :( Try another dose of MEK. Not sure where to go next.

Derek of Venango:
I'm too impatient I guess; must suffer from instant gratification syndrome.

Just now retried and it broke free ... in the good way!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version