Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon F4S- Who is using one?

(1/4) > >>

ArthurJS:
One of my doctors gave me a beautiful condition F4S, which I plan on using with a 50 f/1.8, and 28-105 macro. I may even use the 70-200 in shutter priority.

Does anyone else shoot with this beast? How do you like it? What don't you like about it? This is my 4th F body- I also have the original F, an F2, and the F3. As well as an FM, and FE2.

Thanks for letting me sign up here! A

Seapy:
What is it with doctors?  I got an F4S from a doctor, many moons ago, almost unused, perfect condition, in the end I gave it to a photography student and he made very good use of it.

ArthurJS:
They have good taste in cameras, and money to burn. This thing was $2500 Us when it came out in 1988.

Birna Rørslett:
I used the F4/F4S from '89 to around '95. They were my main cameras at the time.

Apart from the exterior tending to be slippery over time with wear, and battery consumption in cold weather needed the bigger'S' model, I had nothing against this model. Replaced with the F5 for the remainder of the '90s until the first leap into the digital era with the D1 in late '99.

desmobob:
My all-time favorite film body...  I have a pair of them.  In my opinion, also the best-looking Nikon body.  I lusted after one when they were first released but it was WAY out of my hobby budget.  I bought mine (well) used at a much later date.

Enjoy it!

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version