Author Topic: 2019 Super Blood Moon Tonight (early 21st January)  (Read 11362 times)

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: 2019 Super Blood Moon Tonight (early 21st January)
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2019, 23:47:36 »
Thank you Fons, Carl, Armando and Keith, I greatly enjoyed the event, I am very glad you all think I made a decent job.  ;D

I do have another landscape, from the D3 this time, also with the 16mm f/2.8 fisheye at 1600ISO, actually an accidental selfie!  I was setting the D3 up for another sequence set and this was a test shot for the exposure.  Turned out better that the set...  ::)

Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2019, 23:54:02 »
+1 fantastic series of images
+2 very well planned and performed Robert!!
The last one is my favorite among the landscape captures.

Look for an exposure at 04:41:43 UTC when there was a meteor strike on the moon recorded by many photographers - details at spaceweather.com.
(Check camera clock against a reliable standard, the archive page will be http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=23&month=01&year=2019 once it goes off the main page).
Øivind Tøien

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2019, 00:07:14 »
Thank you Øivind, I will check the image tomorrow I have my doubts because I was making exposures only every minute but, you never know.

Speaking of these things, I think I may have another accidental Iridium satellite from last weeks images, I will dig it out and post it, nothing spectacular but it seems I may have been lucky a second time.  8)
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2019, 01:50:22 »

If my calculations are right this rather blurry and noisy 1 minute exposure (too long tracking without lunar rate, and something might have slipped) happened to span the time of the meteor strike (camera clock lagged by 33 seconds, I am at UTC-9) , but none to be seen. It should have been at about 8 o'clock near the rim, resolution and contrast too poor with attenuation by the clouds:

Original unedited capture...

Øivind Tøien

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2019, 07:07:33 »
There are some gorgeous images in this thread and some of you were lucky to have had really clear skies. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the different versions.

We had had heavy freezing rain all day followed by heavy clouds which suddenly cleared just before the Eclipse began but temperatures were truly frigid and even with gloves my fingers became totally numb after just a few minutes

High altitude clouds must have returned because it was very hard to see the moon at total eclipse when it became very dim and hard to see let alone focus upon.

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2019, 00:26:00 »
If my calculations are right this rather blurry and noisy 1 minute exposure (too long tracking without lunar rate, and something might have slipped) happened to span the time of the meteor strike (camera clock lagged by 33 seconds, I am at UTC-9) , but none to be seen. It should have been at about 8 o'clock near the rim, resolution and contrast too poor with attenuation by the clouds:

Sorry Øivind, have been rather busy with other projects...

I have checked my images and I do have one very close to the time you mention, I think there may be a tiny plume at about 8 O'clock within seconds of that time.  I haven't been able to look into it further today.  I will try to follow it up tomorrow.The image is rather dark in that area but there is a distinct bright pixel about two pixels from the general line of the moon's edge, which is admittedly a bit uneven!
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Tejpor

• NG Member
    • ETERNIPIX
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2019, 13:54:05 »
Joining a little late after a period of silence... nevertheless, please enjoy the lunar eclipse from my picturesque hometown.

Single image!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2019, 14:02:36 »
That attempt is super.

beryllium10

• NG Member
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2019, 16:36:00 »
Really excellent photo - the show was closer to your horizon than here in the US.
Cheers,  John

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2019, 23:29:02 »
Well done, thanks for posting the image, Tejpor.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2019, 03:27:42 »
Tejpor, this is wonderful!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Tejpor

• NG Member
    • ETERNIPIX
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2019, 14:36:24 »
Thank you all for the kind words! Yes, we were fortunate enough to have the spectacle at lower angles. Almost missed it because of the really bad weather forecast, but in the end it added to the atmosphere.

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2019, 20:09:04 »
Tejpor:

You achieved spectacular results in a beautiful place!

Tejpor

• NG Member
    • ETERNIPIX
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2019, 21:20:23 »
Thank you, Ann. I highly value the words of seasoned photographers. Indeed, I think everybody should pay a visit to Budapest at least once in a lifetime.