Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon Df and non-Ai nikkors

(1/3) > >>

chals:
With non-Ai nikkors you have to set the choosen F number acordingly on the camera, once settled you can also use your Aperture wheel directly for over or under exposure by 1/3 steps. I am thinking of users with Nikon Df.

Birna Rørslett:
Is this a question or a recommended procedure? With camera on 'A' changing the dialled-in aperture figure will of course alter the exposure accordingly. When the aperture on the lens itself is keep fixed, this leads to the suggested over- or underexposure. If on the other hand the camera is set to 'M', you can use the rear thumb wheel for rapidly applied +-2/3 EV corrections (done by speed changes).  I much prefer the latter approach as I try to avoid using the front wheel if possible as it interrupts my normal handling of the camera.

chals:
I forgot to mention that I always use M and autoiso. Also, I really like the frontwheel which I turn with my middle finger. I filed down the edge though.

basker:
I like to keep menu item f7 set to "ON A." to avoid using the front wheel in aperture priority. Why would you need  to set shutter speed when using auto? Aperture ring still works for AI lenses.

The Df user guide says, "If On (Mode A) is selected, the main command dial will be used to set aperture in exposure mode A only.

Am I misunderstanding something using this method?

Birna Rørslett:
We are talking about lenses without any meter coupling ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version