Author Topic: Microsoft raises Cloud storage price by 44%  (Read 1668 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Microsoft raises Cloud storage price by 44%
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:25:20 »
I just received notice from Microsoft that the 5TB cloud storage subscription (MS Office 365 family) will be raised from 69€ to 99€ by January ... that is nearly 44%
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: Microsoft raises Cloud storage price by 44%
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:44:06 »
Hope they don't do the same with the Office Suit, I only use Excel but it's vital to me, one of my most used software applications.  Mind you, it's been almost the same price for years - £7.99.  The Adobe Photo Suite has crept up to £ 9.99.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 20:48:16 »
Free market competition? Switch to less expensive storage?
It seems friendlier to the customer to  make small, incremental price increases instead of shocking large ones.
I wonder if, when OS updates finally kill the practical functionality of Aperture(Mac only) and Lightroom 6, Adobe will see an opportunity to start creeping up the rates for CC? 
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 22:36:56 »
Hope they don't do the same with the Office Suit, I only use Excel but it's vital to me, one of my most used software applications.  Mind you, it's been almost the same price for years - £7.99.  The Adobe Photo Suite has crept up to £ 9.99.

the office suite for five machines is included, though I do not use MS Office. I am a Star Office man, now OpenOfficeOrg
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/